2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Best of the Compact cars
By monster289 on 11/11/05 04:22 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a week now. Maybe I should have sprung a little more money for the leather and sunroof and Bose stereo, but that's OK. I'm trying to save some money anyway! Car has great power for a 4 cylinder. It pulls a hill on the freeway in my area in 5th gear at 60-65 no problem. Flat cornering, great steering, awesome shifter/clutch.

Zoom Zoom Is Definitely True
By Scott B on 11/10/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my SUV (gas prices too high) for my Mazda 3s Touring Wagon. I needed to get better gas mileage since my commute is 70 miles each day. I fell in love with the car the minute I sat in the driver's seat and drove out of the parking lot. The price was great for all the features you get on the S Touring Model. I cannot wait to see what they do to the Mazda 3 over the next few years. They are moving in the right direction with their line of cars. It was difficult to find the Pearl White S Touring Wagon in CT. They had to get the car from NY. This makes it a little difficult to bargain since there is only one car within 4 states. The dealer did not want to take much off price.

Best car ever
By yen on 11/10/05 22:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new car after having two used ones. I have winning blue and it's been my life. I love driving it, washing it, and just looking at it. I have had no problems with it. It's very fun to drive and I feel cool sitting in it.

2nd Mazda 3
By Sam on 11/10/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Mazda 3 5 door. I traded my previous 2004 model that had 33,000 miles for a tricked out one. I thought the 2004 model was a nice ride, but the 2006 seems to be smoother and quieter. Plus the Grand Touring upgrade with Nav System is very nice. Options I would expect on more expensive cars.

By kevivoe on 11/10/05 10:37 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1st tank was 23 MPG. Our 2nd tank was 26.6 MPG. Our third is looking like 25 MPG. I would have to say so far this car is not quite meeting expected 25/31 MPG but it still has some more miles to go before break in.

Sporty little sedan
By Midiexpert on 11/08/05 13:43 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Mazda, and the Mazda3 is a terrific upgrade from the Protege I previously owned. Handling is secure and precise, acceleration is good and the auto transmission is smooth. My fuel mileage has been a little bit less than I had expected, but still good. This is a fun car to drive and has a more expensive feel to it.

ZZZZOOM
By Kevin G on 11/07/05 18:09 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I ordered my 2006 3i Touring Sedan at the beginning of September 2005 and got it October 11th 2005. The best value for the money in its class. Be sure to get the optional side airbags/ABS package. I have over 3000 miles on it so far. I'm getting 34MPG with the 5 speed manual transmission. This car cruises very nicely at 70mph. The overall fit and finish is excellent except for the cheap material used for the carpeting. The seat are comfortable but I would have paid extra for a 6 way power seat option. Get the beige interior. It is much nicer looking than the black interior.

Mazda 3S Touring
By Orland on 11/04/05 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased a 2006 Mazda3S Touring Manual w/ added rear wing spoiler, 6 disc-changer, moonroof ... and thanks to edmunds.com, I was able to become a smart buyer and purchased it at $17,915 (before taxes ... about $200 under invoice!). I did my research and it paid off. I did most of my research and dealing online and over the phone. So far, I love my ride and I am thankful for spending some time doing my research. Hope this helps... Zoom zoom zoom.

A bit under the MPG in the first tank
By kevivoe on 11/04/05 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

1st tank was only 23 MPG and I was expecting 25-31 MPG. I am hoping the MPG goes up during break-in. So far very satisfied with the car. Plenty of HP and FT-LB to move around well. Very quiet car, without checking the speedometer you'll be doing 80 MPH on the freeway with no effort. Perhaps the performance is the reason for the lower MPG. We'll do better the 2nd tank. The interior is roomy, the trunk cavernous. Love the euro style looks. Test drove a Jetta TDI and considered a Toyota Corolla ... certainly made the correct decision. Performance of the Mazda3 is far superior. Instrumentation is a.o.k. The Bose sound system is lacking. Too much "hiss" when music stops. Premium? Not quite.

love this ride
By adrian on 11/03/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Perfect car, nothing wrong to talk about, great looks, good performance, nice and smooth. I have about 4000 miles and very happy, standard options, price, looks, two thumbs up!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.