Used 2006 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Most Helpful|
So Far So Good
By Matt

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

Favorite Features

Interior look. Get-go (for an economy 4 banger). Safety/Sturdy (survived a big accident).

Suggested Improvements

None to speak of really. Maybe a longer Warranty (though I didn't use any of mine)

Zoom-Zoom
By Fish fosh

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car 5 days ago. I have had 4 Beemers looking to race me. (I didn't of course). People young and old look at this car. Lots of flash for the money.

Favorite Features

This car is sooo fun to drive. The handling has got to be my favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I think that some of the throttle response gets lost in the "throttle by wire". I believe this system could use some tweaking.

An Asset
By Hokie

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Its great in handling, pick-up and fuel mileage. I had Civic and also took a test drive of the new one, but nothing is as good as Mazda3.

Favorite Features

Pick-up, styling, steering, interiors.

Suggested Improvements

Need to work on AC.

No regrets! Love this car!
By TM

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After much research, I bought a Mazda3 hatch, LOVE it, decided to write a review since reviews helped me pick the 3. Comfortable ride, though can hear/feel road more than in some cars. 28mpg mixed driving, 36mpg highway on a recent 1,300 mile trip. Engine labored a bit going thru mountains, cruise control liked to rev 5mph at top of hils. Cruise control and audio controls on the steering wheel are great! Some reviews complain about the A/C--comfortable for the front seat, airflow to rear not as good but tolerable. (Change cabin air filter since this keeps the A/C at peak performance.) Nice hatch for extra cargo. Super 'compromise' for a racecar--sporty performance/handling, fun to drive!

Favorite Features

Bold exterior styling/curves, gets noticed. Gas mileage--not as good as some in its class, but this car's performance, reliability, and all- around class trumps that for me. Compact, ease of parking in/backing from tight spaces and turning in tight areas, passes cars on the highway easily.

Suggested Improvements

Ipod aux most definitely. Could hear air through driver's door around 75- 80mph on the highway, not noticeable most of the time, could just be my car. Blind spot (for me) on the front passenger side due to the molding, not a big deal. Better interior plastics, but good for an economy car.

Love this car
By Mazda 3 S

2006 Mazda Mazda3 s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I used to flip cars very often, had many faster cars. But i always looked up for economy also. This car comes with nice compromise for both. It's sporty, good on gas, has practical hatch and looks good. The main thing is that is very reliable. I'm getting close to 150k miles on this car and has been trouble free. Just tires, brakes, plugs and runs still strong. Have improved radio with navigation system and headlights with HID.

Favorite Features

Love the hatchback practicality, like the dash lights , tight finish , great steering feel, manual transmission, gas mileage, sporty feeling.

Suggested Improvements

well,minor things like - there is hard to see radio display with sun glasses during sunny day, oil cartridge instead of regular oil filters (messy oil changes ), right knee close to the center tunnel. But nothing major that I would hate !