Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Hot
By seth

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A blast to drive, between 31-35 mpg on highway 29 city, sporty, nimble, fun!

Front exterior, looks really muscular, the shifter, really smooth.

Keyless trunk release.

Best choice for compact sedan
By Kayla

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3 Memorial Day Weekend and I couldn't be happier! I traded in an '03 Civic LX coupe and was looking for a 4 door that had that "sporty" look. I didn't like the look of the Civic sedan or the redesigned Jetta. I had a '97 626 and was already impressed with Mazda as a manufacturer. In my opinion the 3 will probably replace the Jetta as a sporty, powerful compact sedan. Quality parts, smooth, quick pickup in the 2.3, very attractive inside and out. The sport automatic is a great plus for moving in/out of traffic. I wanted a red car but did NOT want a light interior so the black w/red detail in the seats was another plus. The only con to consider is the rear leg room (tight for long legs).

Smooth, quick gear shift/pickup, quality interior parts, "European-like" look, good fuel economy.

Only power outlet is cigarette lighter, rear leg room, very sensitive CD player.

By RoNuS

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I put a lot of miles on my car a year; in my 7 1/2 months of ownership I have logged 22,000 miles on the car thus far. This car is a blast to drive; it's nice to just turn the stereo off, roll the windows down, and listen to the engine while driving.

5 speed automatic, sunroof, projector- style headlamps.

Little more HP out of the 2.3 engine. The 2.3 (PZEV) is rated at 153 whereas the 2.0 (PZEV) is 148. The 2.3 should be putting out a little more power.

Six months in
By JT in SC

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Updating my earlier review: I have had my Mazda 3 i Touring (with manual transmission) for six months now (just over 7500 miles). I am still very happy. Fuel economy has actually gotten better! And that's with running the A/C much more. I am getting around 31-32 around town and 34-35 on the highway. It is still a solid performer and just as much fun to drive.

Fun to drive factor, audio controls on steering wheel (they are very addicting, I am constantly looking for them when I'm driving another car).

Trunk release on keys.

Mazda 2006
By shpage

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We are so happy with our new Mazda. We wouldn't of thought that our Mazda would make such a difference in our lives. We absolutely love driving it and going for car rides. It is exactly of what we wanted from a car and now we would recommend it for anyone to own. We will have this car for a long time. It drives so smooth and has power when it needs to go. It looks sporty enough plus it's economical. I drive it to and from work and get about 35 mpg on a 5 speed transmission. We are so happy with it and wouldn't trade it for the world.

• SUV