Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Interesting
By i love this car

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2006 and the only real problem I have had is the tires.

Favorite Features

I love the way this car moves, great on corners.

Suggested Improvements

the gas can be better, maybe a little more room in the back seat, better tires! and a trunk opener oh yeah and the bright orange lights is a little disturbing.

Reliable, Safe, and a FUN CAR TO OWN!
By WB3Jay

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new (coming out of a Mazda Millenia) with 7 miles on it. 5 years and 120,000+ miles later I am still a proud owner. This is one reliable car with nothing needing replacing with the exception of normal wear and tear items (I went 115k on the original front brake pads!). I've been through 2 sets of tires and 2 rear brake jobs that's it. It is so much fun to drive and that means a lot to someone who spends a lot of time in their car. Gas mileage has been around 25 mpg.

Favorite Features

Zippiness, reliability, sporty look

Suggested Improvements

No trunk button on remote (addressed in later years), flimsy carpeting around dead pedal area, floor mats wear in the heel area.

2006 Mazda 3
By Michele

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is great, handles curves very well and is all around a very fun car to drive. Gets great gas mileage. First Mazda we have owned but it wont be the last. I purchased this car from Gerald Jones Mazda in Augusta, Ga. and used Charlie Royal. He was impressed me with all the ins and outs of the car and made the process very easy. I highly recommend him and this dealership to any one looking for a new or used Mazda. I can definitely say it wont be our last Mazda.

Favorite Features

Everything about this car is great. It is just a nice as a BMW or Lexus

Suggested Improvements

Just needs a trunk opener on the key chain

I love it
By Matt Blanchette

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives amazing, is very comfortable, is extremely stylish for its class and price, and provides an experience that I have yet to feel in a car less than $30,000. Mazda love is hard to comprehend until you own one and realize the value you get, and the experience you get is unmatched. I bought it for the looks, fell in love with the drive, and have absolutely no issues with reliability. I've owned it a year and have already put well over 20,000 miles on it and it has had no servicing needed besides basic oil changes, ect.

Favorite Features

The interior design is the reason I fell in love with the car, nothing else delivers such a sharp feel while sitting inside it.

Suggested Improvements

The car with its regular tires is junk in the snow, though with snow tires its as if there IS no snow. Better snow traction would be my suggested improvement. Also I would love if there was a sedan that had a turbo in it, that would be extremely attractive.

So Far So Good
By Matt

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

Favorite Features

Interior look. Get-go (for an economy 4 banger). Safety/Sturdy (survived a big accident).

Suggested Improvements

None to speak of really. Maybe a longer Warranty (though I didn't use any of mine)