Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Mazda 3S
By JS

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I have been looking for a new car for more than a year. Test drove Honda, Toyota and the Mazda 3S. Didn't take very long to fall in love with this car. More solid from stem to stern. Handling, braking and road authority in a different league. Very smooth, fast and safe. Begs to be driven. Mazda must have taken apart a BMW 3 series. This car must be German. A lot of car for $18K! We'll see how reliable it is over time. Paid extra for the 100 K warranty.

Favorite Features

5 speed automatic transmission, suspension, interior build quality, brakes, strong engine. Secure feeling while driving.

Suggested Improvements

No sunglass holders. Low beam needs adjustment-not set far enough. Grand touring model has low beam adjustment. Should be in S Model also. Back door lock sticks. Trunk lid makes it more difficult to park. Gas mileage could be better. Steering wheel interferes with view of gauges. Stereo just ok.

Best Car EVER!
By David

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is an amazing piece of machinery. I recently took a defensive driving course; the participants were other economy sedans. Out of all of them the Mazda3 performed the best. It stops on a dime and handles extremely well. I was the only driver that went through the entire four hour course without knocking over any cones. Best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design. The performance it great.

Suggested Improvements

A more powerful AC. A slightly longer body, for more leg room.

Mazda
By cbw wilson

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love it. The 2.3 has plenty of power and it handles great. I average around 29 miles per gallon in mixed driving with the air on. The trunk is large for a car this size and has plenty of room. I'm 6'3" and have room and someone still can sit behind me. The only drawback is there is no 12 volt outlet. I have to use the cigarette lighter and it shuts off with the car.

Favorite Features

It tells you what the outside temperature is and I love the gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Incorporate a 12v outlet.

Zoom
By J.W.

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

With 10 days (700 miles) of ownership of my first new car I am very pleased. 2 tanks of fuel averaging 27 MPG (70% highway, slightly aggressive driving) so far (manual transmission). Solid car with great git-up. I love how the car handles. Some types of road, amazingly quiet, other types lots of road noise. Compared most all other compacts, this was the best all around car we liked. Other cars had things that stood out, but nothing had as good of a package like this 3 did. Great handling with decent ride. I love this car so far.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel mounted radio controls, the accelerator, style, enormous glove box. Handling!

Suggested Improvements

Trunk release on key fob & larger trunk opening. 6 speed manual (mileage). MP3 capable CD player. Better A/C- works decent in Texas, just slow to get cold. HID headlights. Large cups kind of get in way of manual shifter. All these are nitpicks, best car in its class for the price.

Hot
By seth

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A blast to drive, between 31-35 mpg on highway 29 city, sporty, nimble, fun!

Favorite Features

Front exterior, looks really muscular, the shifter, really smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Keyless trunk release.