Used 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Great little car
By ksga

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After only 3 weeks of ownership, I can say I don't think I'll regret this purchase. Very fun to drive (great acceleration with manual transmission), stylish inside and out, and best of all...good fuel economy (33mpg for combined city/hwy). My biggest concern was small size of car since my last car was an SUV. Yes, smaller, but amazing trunk room and interior is roomier than expected. I researched cars to death before buying and this one really stood out from the rest for TCO (true cost of ownership), reliability and consumer satisfaction. Originally was looking at Mazda6 hatchback, but extra cost for not a whole lot more room, and drop in fuel economy made the 3 look like the winner.

Clean design of interior dash with huge glove box & center storage, Euro styling of exterior (love the line of the car from backside especially), steering wheel controls for audio, excellent turn radius, telescoping steering wheel. Feels so much more high end than its price. Can you tell I love this car?

Trunk release on key remote would be great addition. Seats are a bit firm, but by no means bad. Rear view mirror seems almost too small.

Love it!
By Jen

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased an I Touring model, the only option added was side airbags; definitely worth the low cost to add. We've gotten 35 mpg consistently on longer trips, and close to that with stop and go driving in the city. It's sporty, plenty of zip, and very fun to drive. Did lots of research on other similar cars (Jetta, Honda, Corolla), and very happy with our choice at an excellent cost. Everyone thinks it's a BMW. Our friend is 6'2" and has gone on long trips and has plenty of room. Only complaint is the lack of an automatic trunk opener on your keychain (there's one inside the car though). Otherwise, we love it and would definitely buy Mazda again. Good luck!

Sporty look, mpg, great acceleration.

Automatic trunk opener on keychain.

Excellent little car
By Carlos

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a small car that gets good mileage because I drive 25 miles each way to work. My M3 is fun to drive, sporty, and very fast. I get 29 mpg combined miles for each tank and can go almost 350 miles between fill ups. The stereo sounds great and the instrument layout is easy to reach and use. It is a bit smaller inside than I would prefer, but otherwise I love this car!

Handling, pickup, mileage.

I'd like more elbow room inside.

Mazda 3S
By JS

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Wife and I have been looking for a new car for more than a year. Test drove Honda, Toyota and the Mazda 3S. Didn't take very long to fall in love with this car. More solid from stem to stern. Handling, braking and road authority in a different league. Very smooth, fast and safe. Begs to be driven. Mazda must have taken apart a BMW 3 series. This car must be German. A lot of car for $18K! We'll see how reliable it is over time. Paid extra for the 100 K warranty.

5 speed automatic transmission, suspension, interior build quality, brakes, strong engine. Secure feeling while driving.

No sunglass holders. Low beam needs adjustment-not set far enough. Grand touring model has low beam adjustment. Should be in S Model also. Back door lock sticks. Trunk lid makes it more difficult to park. Gas mileage could be better. Steering wheel interferes with view of gauges. Stereo just ok.

Best Car EVER!
By David

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is an amazing piece of machinery. I recently took a defensive driving course; the participants were other economy sedans. Out of all of them the Mazda3 performed the best. It stops on a dime and handles extremely well. I was the only driver that went through the entire four hour course without knocking over any cones. Best car I have ever owned.

Interior and exterior design. The performance it great.

A more powerful AC. A slightly longer body, for more leg room.