2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews 17

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Excellent Car in its Class
By Bryan on 12/27/05 13:46 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a 2006 Mazda3 after looking at all of its competitors in its class. For the money I paid, I really feel like I got a steal. This is a fun car to drive and it looks and feels like I paid a lot more than I did. I highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a great car at a great price.

zoom zoom
By jeff on 12/27/05 13:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this for my wife as a xmas present. Have not driven it too much -- about 300 miles, but I love this car. Fun to drive, fast, holds the road, great looks sporty. Have not found any flaws with it yet, not sure how the gas mileage will be. Iím sure if I kept my foot off the gas it would be about what they say, love the 2.3. Matched great with AT.

Disappointing Fuel Economy
By NYCDriver on 12/26/05 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2006 Mazda 3i Touring after owning a Honda Accord for 12 years. Drove it as a rental in 2005 and was impressed. I bought the smaller engine because of the variable valve timing and have been underwhelmed with the pick up and MPG. Have not gotten better than 23MPG in the city or 25MPG highway. Has a tendency to throttle down while holding accelerator in 50- 60mph range. I think this is what kills the mileage. Hopefully it's only a sensor that needs adjusting.

Best Car I've Ever Had
By bwalk05 on 12/21/05 14:20 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had my Mazda for a little over a month, but it has been a beauty! It gets great gas mileage, nearly 400 miles to the tank. It has superior handling ... it can take on any corner at regular speed. Mine is white, it doesn't show the dirt as much.

Love it - Love it - Love it
By NewToMazda on 12/20/05 15:18 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I like my new Mazda, I'm new to their line of vehicles and was thoroughly surprised at all you get with this rather inexpensive vehicle -- it reminds me of a BMW 3 series. Overall it's quick, nimble and really shines when it comes to acceleration on the highway. I'm glad I ditched my SUV for this vehicle.

Mazda 3i Touring
By Nadia on 12/13/05 18:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car about 3 weeks ago. I really like the vehicle. It has numerous options at a great price. Only two complaints; one is that the muffler had surface rust on it. I thought that was odd for a 2006 with 5 miles on it. Also, due to some bad luck in the past for a family member, I had the battery tested prior to driving off the lot. Guess what? The battery failed the test! I would have been stranded somewhere for sure after a couple days/weeks. So I had to have the battery replaced before I actually took the car home. I found that quite disturbing. Most people probably don't ever think of doing such a thing but look at what happened. No a bad idea for others to try.

Lovin' the M3
By Happy M3 Girl on 12/11/05 15:49 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After reading Consumer Reports and Auto Trade publications, we had to check out the M3. We are not disappointed that we did. This little beauty has lots of room and storage for a compact. It has cup holders at every seat and a huge trunk and glove box. The engine is laid out very cleanly and appears easy to service, especially the little things like windshield washer fluid. The 4 speed automatic is fun, especially the quasi-manual no clutch shifting option to use when you want more control (like humming along on a winding road). The variable distance steering wheel makes it nice too. You can decide where you want the wheel and how close you want the airbag to your face and chest. The car is a 10!

Much sharper than my Civic
By Michdee on 12/09/05 20:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car and gave my '01 Civic to my teenage sons. I have the fully loaded version with automatic transmission, leather seats, moon-roof etc. Drive is very smooth and has great pick-up for a four cylinder. Looks very sharp. I really wanted a small car with heated leather seats and it is very hard to find unless you want to step up to a luxury car in the $35K plus range. Surprisingly the gas mileage is not good. I get about 19 MPG (mostly city driving - I average 17 MPH). I was hoping for a little better than that. Car looks more expensive but everyone knows how much it costs so that doesn't mean much.

Great car in this price range
By Ben Powers on 12/09/05 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the money, I don't think you can do any better in this price range. I test drove many vehicles, but none have the sporty feel and build quality in a sensible 4 door sedan. I remember the Nissan advertising gimmick, 4DSC (4-Door Sports Car), and I think this is a much better example. Even parked next to the RX-8, it looks great. MUCH nicer interior. Check out the Consumer Reports review - it's in its 3rd model year, and it has a great track record with 41 mpg as tested by CR. After all my test drives, the only other car I considered in this same price range was the Scion Tc - but the 3 was still the clear winner!

Awesome
By John99999999 on 12/02/05 13:29 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love it. So much fun to drive. Now just wish there was no speed limits. Handles well in turns, nice ride. For sure the best compact/sedan out there in its class.