Used 2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

z-Mazda
By z-man

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's been fun since the 1st day I bought it. No mechanical or quality problems so far, very pleased with the car. Easy on gas and the wallet.

Favorite Features

Styling, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any.

nice car, happy with my purchase
By CZBrian

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to keep the miles off my truck and save on gas. I'm really happy with my purchase. The car is nice to drive, handles well, and has pretty good performance for a four cylinder.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature of this car is the interior design. It looks better than most of the other small cars I looked at.

Suggested Improvements

The seats could be a little more plush. they are firm like something you would find in a sports car. I would like something softer.

Such a great choice
By micfar

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda 3 S Touring about 6 months ago and have the best driving experience since. By far the best looking interior of any car I looked at (including the Honda Civic and the Dodge Caliber). The 5 speed manual is very smooth. I don't think I have touched the radio once thanks to the steering wheel mounted radio buttons. If you are thinking about this car, just take it for a test drive and all questions will be answered. Zoom Zoom!

Favorite Features

Radio control on the steering wheel, temperature gauge, lumbar back support, 5 speed manual, 2.3 liter engine.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely nothing!

Still A Great Little Car
By R. H. Jackson

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I now have 7000 miles on the Mazda 3s Grand Touring and I am very pleased. The options, ride, performance, instrumentation, and handling are outstanding for a car in this price range. I have experienced no problems. I have only been back to the dealer for oil changes and tire rotation. Everyone who sees this car thinks it is a more expensive car than it is.

Favorite Features

Instrumentation, performance, options, handling, styling.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise should be reduced. More colors should be provided for the leather interior. Replace the cartridge oil filter with a spin-on. Reduce brake noise and dust. Of these improvements, reduction of road noise would greatly enhance the feeling of quality in this vehicle.

My new hobby is driving...
By Addicted to Driving

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought a black Mazda 3 GT (with the leather and GFX package) with sunroof, 6 disc stereo, black leather, 17" rims, rain sensing wipers, 5 speed auto transmission with manual shifter, heated seats etc. To start off I was limited to an automatic transmission as my wife doesn't drive a 5 speed. Fortunately the Mazda 3 has a automatic with a 5 speed manual shifter also. Sweet. From the first turn of the key on the test drive I was impressed. My wife loved the punchy engine, excellent handling, leather, heated seats. The interior is amazing for a car in this class. At night the gauges turn blue and orange. Really nice. When you drive this car you will soon realize you have made an excellent decision.

Favorite Features

.87 lateral g's (handling), punchy engine, class leading interior, automatic with manual (Activematic) 5 speed shifter, rain sensing wipers.... Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

None.