2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Lots of Zoom for a few $
By John Pauza on 01/02/06 13:27 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Amazing performance and content for the price, proof that economy transport doesn't have to mean boring and cheap. Great brakes (standar ABS) with precise steering and well tuned underpinnings make this a serious drivers car. Visually STUNNING! Cool mica paint, big 17" alloys with 50 series rubber, aggressive aero styling, and the nifty rear hatch make the 3 a real attention getter. Inside, Love the wheel mounted audio and cruise controls, light clutch and a shifter that glides through gears like a knife through butter. Opt for the 5 speed (the sport stick auto moves up to shift down}. Good goin' Mazda, now how about a little better seats, AWD and another 50 or so horses? A budget Beemer?

awesome value
By Michael Taylor on 12/27/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my '05 Subaru Legacy GT for this car, and don't miss it at all! Has nearly all the same features (minus the thirsty engine and squeaky interior) for a lot less dough. Handles curvy roads like a mountain goat and tracks beautifully on the interstate too. Engine has nice pep and awesome fuel economy too (got 40mpg on a recent road trip, 55-65mph nearly constant cruising). Manual transmission is the best I've ever driven. Seats are very comfy and the design of the interior speaks of a much more expensive car. Some of the plastics are on the hard side, but the fit is terrific, as is the overall layout. How great to drive an economy car and not feel like you're driving a box on wheels

Most fun car I've ever owned
By allfiredup on 12/26/05 21:46 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Mazda, after driving Hondas for the past 14 years. The exceptional handling, performance and design of the 3 won out over the improved fuel economy of the Honda. I feel like I'm driving a $30k car, not an $18k one. Everyone who rides in or drives it, loves it!

I can't believe it's under 20k!
By Ben on 12/08/05 02:05 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has been a blast to drive. Anyone looking for a sub-20 car should certainly consider this car. No other car in my eyes measured up in terms of the visual appeal or build quality. After careful deliberation, I arrived at the decision to buy it after driving the competition. The difference was so obvious I immediately sought out a 3 for myself. Just drive it.

Love my car
By carol on 12/01/05 22:07 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my hatchback for three weeks and absolutely love it. The ride is smooth and the car definitely has great pickup. The folding seats are great for storage and very easy to get up and down. It is a really comfortable car to drive. The air conditioning is good, the stereo great and the interior is very comfortable.

Great mix of performance and economy
By monster289 on 11/26/05 04:40 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had my car for three weeks now, 1300 miles logged. I have the hatchback with 5 speed manual. Got the s Touring model, but decided to save some money and not get options. Car is plenty quick, especially for a 4 cylinder. I'm getting about 30mpg mixed city/freeway driving. It has enough power to go up steep hills on the freeway while still in 5th gear. I think they could have made 5th gear a bit taller to reduce rpm's, but that's ok. Maybe having more power readily available is better than marginally better mileage. Steering wheel controls are awesome, and they are backlit at night. Ride is sporty and firm, very little body roll. May be a bit rough for some.

Best of the Compact cars
By monster289 on 11/11/05 04:22 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a week now. Maybe I should have sprung a little more money for the leather and sunroof and Bose stereo, but that's OK. I'm trying to save some money anyway! Car has great power for a 4 cylinder. It pulls a hill on the freeway in my area in 5th gear at 60-65 no problem. Flat cornering, great steering, awesome shifter/clutch.

Zoom Zoom Is Definitely True
By Scott B on 11/10/05 22:54 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my SUV (gas prices too high) for my Mazda 3s Touring Wagon. I needed to get better gas mileage since my commute is 70 miles each day. I fell in love with the car the minute I sat in the driver's seat and drove out of the parking lot. The price was great for all the features you get on the S Touring Model. I cannot wait to see what they do to the Mazda 3 over the next few years. They are moving in the right direction with their line of cars. It was difficult to find the Pearl White S Touring Wagon in CT. They had to get the car from NY. This makes it a little difficult to bargain since there is only one car within 4 states. The dealer did not want to take much off price.

2nd Mazda 3
By Sam on 11/10/05 21:50 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Mazda 3 5 door. I traded my previous 2004 model that had 33,000 miles for a tricked out one. I thought the 2004 model was a nice ride, but the 2006 seems to be smoother and quieter. Plus the Grand Touring upgrade with Nav System is very nice. Options I would expect on more expensive cars.

Fun to Drive and Cool for the Price
By Maz3 on 10/28/05 15:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive, especially with the 5 speed manual. Ride is firm and sporty, it sticks to the road like gum. Interior is cool to look at and feel of materials is up to par with other Japanese makers. The design is the best for cars in this group! Check engine light came on about 1500 miles, but that was just a gas cap issue, no problem. Although the 12v outlet did blow a fuse, replaced of course, again no big deal.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.