2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Excellent Car at a great price
By doru31 on 03/07/06 14:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent handling and suspension. Good braking with all disk brakes. Power and torque is a little low; could use more power like 180hp and 180lbs. torque. Interior and exterior styling is great with good quality. I like the side turn indicators which many cars don't have. Fully loaded for $21K (sunroof, leather, xenon, heated seats, clear led tail lights, 17 inch rims, 6-CD BOSE). Great car at a great price. I highly recommend it.

There is always room to improve...
By Marcelo on 03/02/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! Fun to drive, great performance, very comfortable. I looked for a compact and got the cream of the cream of Mazda 3. All the optionals. The Bose sound system is unbelievable. The car totally sticks to the road. For a compact I hardly could be more satisfied, but I am a perfectionist. For the cream of the cream, they could offer a few more features. How come they don't have the option of power seats? How come the car keys look so cheap? Overall, it is great (otherwise I would not buy it), but there is always room for improvement.

Great little car
By thetejon on 03/01/06 08:09 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've put about 4600 miles on this car, and I love it. All my complaints so far are pretty trivial - a little too much engine noise, the interior clock isn't that accurate . . . nothing to keep you from buying the car. Before buying, I read reviews that mentioned excessive brake noise - I test drove a couple of 3's, and the brake noise only occurred in the automatic. I was really unimpressed with the automatic - it felt sluggish compared to the manual. I get good mileage - average 23-27 MPG driving in traffic in Northern Virginia, and I don't drive it gently. I averaged over 31 for the tank during a weekend trip spent doing a lot of driving on country highways.

I'm impressed!
By DonMTL on 02/27/06 15:33 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

5K miles in on a 06 fully loaded S hatch. So far I'm impressed and quite proud to drive it. I came from the 4X4 scene but the fuel just got too much to deal with. This is quick, comfortable and fun to drive. Too small for ski trips, but excellent for 98% of my requirements. I would definitely recommend.

Copper-Hatch
By Copper-Hatch '06 on 02/26/06 18:48 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my '06 Mazda3 Hatchback in October '05. Thought about getting a Toyota Corolla S, but after trying with several Toyota dealerships they couldn't get the options that I wanted. So far the Mazda3 has been a fun, reliable, good looking car. This is my first Mazda and so far a good car, I'm a Toyota kind of guy, but decided to give Mazda a chance.

Fun car
By Derfo on 02/19/06 19:29 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at a Toyota Matrix, a VW Golf and a Golf GTI, and by far this was the best bang for the buck. Toyota Matrix and VW Golf are not as much fun to drive. Golf GTI, more powerful, costs much more and comes in 3 door only. The handling of Mazda3 is excellent and so are the brakes. Currently I am getting around 26mpg, and that is for mostly highway driving. The dog (110 lbs) fits in the car just fine and so do the boxes from IKEA. Visibility is great. The dash lights up very well and the stick shifts amazingly well. Overall, a great car which is fun to drive and doesn't cost a whole lot.

I love my Mazda3 touring wagon.
By Gerald Deckler on 02/18/06 11:26 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love to drive my Mazda3 wagon. I live in Houston, Texas with some of the worse traffic in the country. My Mazda3 zips through difficult traffic situations with ease. The handling is like driving a European sports car. The interior is large and very comfortable with great eye appeal. The six disk changer is exceptional. Overall, I love this car. Zoom Zoom!

Very nice little car
By bellamusica on 02/01/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I stepped down from a luxury make to purchase this car. It is a great compromise, with enough luxury features to make me happy, but is still a practical car. The handling is excellent, and the pickup is very good for a small car. The engine is much quieter than other 4-cylinder cars of its type. The gas mileage isn't stellar, but I am still breaking it in. If you want a reliable hatchback that is fun to drive, this car fits the bill. No regrets.

Great Fun Car
By Erich on 01/24/06 19:25 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Gave my reliable '97 Ford Escort to a church and got a new Mazda3. It's lots of fun and feels great. I thought it was head and shoulders better than the 2006 Civic.

Best Bang for the Buck...AGAIN!
By NoVa on 01/22/06 22:12 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this to replace my beloved Civic Si after the great reviews I had read and the exhaustive research available on the net. This is by far Mazda's best offering for the money in any class. The engine is peppy if not outright powerful. The exterior design is broad shouldered & modern. The interior is well though out & purposeful. Material quality could be better as the plastics get dirty quickly but can be easily cleaned. The mileage is the biggest disappointment as only strictly adhering to the 55 speed limit will get you EPA advertised mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.