2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda3 S - touring. Still 2nd best
By rogracin on 02/13/13 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our 2006 Mazda3 s - new. Went with the Touring package to get side curtain/seat airbags and sport tires/ rims. We have 77k miles now, While it is good car the quality is low. Carpet, seats, visor, rear view mirror, visors are all worn or broken. One major thing I hate is the oil filter placement. Had to replace the drivers window/lock cluster cause that stopped working. I do all my oil changes but to reach the filter you have to remove the underbody shield consisting of 5 bolts and numerous clips. This car replaced our 1988 MX6 we kept for 23 years. I did not have these problems until well after 150k on my MX6.

Reliable, Safe, and a FUN CAR TO OWN!
By WB3Jay on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new (coming out of a Mazda Millenia) with 7 miles on it. 5 years and 120,000+ miles later I am still a proud owner. This is one reliable car with nothing needing replacing with the exception of normal wear and tear items (I went 115k on the original front brake pads!). I've been through 2 sets of tires and 2 rear brake jobs that's it. It is so much fun to drive and that means a lot to someone who spends a lot of time in their car. Gas mileage has been around 25 mpg.

I love it
By Matt Blanchette on 03/12/10 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives amazing, is very comfortable, is extremely stylish for its class and price, and provides an experience that I have yet to feel in a car less than $30,000. Mazda love is hard to comprehend until you own one and realize the value you get, and the experience you get is unmatched. I bought it for the looks, fell in love with the drive, and have absolutely no issues with reliability. I've owned it a year and have already put well over 20,000 miles on it and it has had no servicing needed besides basic oil changes, ect.

I No Longer Desire An Audi
By Velma on 10/05/09 02:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched and researched this car and decided to get it. It's awesome in everyway, and I've had no problems with it. My dream car is the Audi A3...but now I don't know. I'm very happy with this car in everyway. I drove from NC to Toronto, Ontario and had the best drive.

This car has soul!
By BadgerPat on 08/14/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda is the under appreciated Japanese brand, but they are the most fun to drive. I needed a commuting car and chose this as a nice balance between completely boring fuel economy and something that I would like to drive since I spend about 2 hrs and 20 min in it every workday. It is very reliable and you won't be disappointed if you buy one used. I am giving mine up to my 16 yr-old daughter and feel comfortable with her driving it.

Wonderful Car
By Steph on 07/22/09 09:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased my Mazda3 3 years ago. The lease is up next week and let me tell you I'll miss it. Unfortunately, space wise, it's not up to my standards anymore since I now have a 2 yr. old daughter. It was a true joy having this car. Excellent gas mileage, cute, sporty, peppy (I have a manual) and durable. My right front tire leaks air faster than the others but aside from that I haven't had ONE ISSUE!!! Whoever is lucky enough to get this car after me is buying a dream!

Most Fun for the money
By Rogracin on 01/23/09 13:10 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is only the second new car we ever bought. The first was a 1988 Mazda MX6 GT and that car is still my daily driver (230K) so yes I am partial to Mazda. It was a little sluggish off the line until I installed a K&N air filter. Not sure what people are talking about saying they have poor MPG but don't forget the K&N filter! I would buy this car all over again!The original Eagle GT RSA tires were super hard and undriveable in any type snow. The replacement ContiPro's ride and look much better but there is a slight roll over the sidewalls on very aggressive cornering. The interior is a little cheap like the sun visors and I gave a 8 on the build quality because I have a weird quirk where the radio does not always turn off with the car. Mazda has not traced down. Great car for the money!

A Great Value and Car
By davgar40 on 11/18/08 13:04 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 3s new in 2006 and am very happy with the car. It looks great inside and out. It also gets pretty good gas mileage. I get about 32mpg on the highway and about 28mpg with all around driving. The access to the trunk is a little small so I can't fit things like my guitar amp in there but that's not a big deal. Tires lasted as expected and wore out around 42000 or so. I changed from the Goodyear Eagle RSA to Yokohama S.Drive. The new tires cost less and grip the road even better than the original tires. The seats are very comfortable especially on long trips. It's a great car and all for less than $20k brand new. I did add a cold air intake and catback to the car too.

Fun Daily Driver.
By Luv2drive on 08/03/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an '06 with a 2.3L engine and manual transmission, and it is one solid, sporty little car. Its interior and exterior styling are, without a doubt, the best in its class. Everyone who rides in it comments about the cool interior. It's way more fun to drive than its price tag might suggest, especially with the manual transmission. The engine is responsive and rev-happy, the steering is precise, and the suspension tears up corners like a sports car. The only reliability issues I've had were minor annoyances related to my own modifications. This is probably the most exciting car you can buy for under $20,000... and it still gets 26/31 mpg!

Quick, cool, and great mileage.
By Mazda Lover on 07/17/08 02:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 34k miles on the car and have not had one problem yet. The car continues to have the same acceleration as the day I bought it (2.3L). The comfort is amazing for a large adult who is 6'4'' tall. I have family members who are taller and enjoy driving it. The suspension is sporty and responsive. I drive on the highway most of the time and get 32-34 mpg. The look of the car is amazing!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.