Used 2006 Mazda 3 s Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Mazda3 S - touring. Still 2nd best
By rogracin

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our 2006 Mazda3 s - new. Went with the Touring package to get side curtain/seat airbags and sport tires/ rims. We have 77k miles now, While it is good car the quality is low. Carpet, seats, visor, rear view mirror, visors are all worn or broken. One major thing I hate is the oil filter placement. Had to replace the drivers window/lock cluster cause that stopped working. I do all my oil changes but to reach the filter you have to remove the underbody shield consisting of 5 bolts and numerous clips. This car replaced our 1988 MX6 we kept for 23 years. I did not have these problems until well after 150k on my MX6.

Fuel economy. Hit, install a K&N air filter to increase MPG and low end torque.

Quality.

Reliable, Safe, and a FUN CAR TO OWN!
By WB3Jay

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new (coming out of a Mazda Millenia) with 7 miles on it. 5 years and 120,000+ miles later I am still a proud owner. This is one reliable car with nothing needing replacing with the exception of normal wear and tear items (I went 115k on the original front brake pads!). I've been through 2 sets of tires and 2 rear brake jobs that's it. It is so much fun to drive and that means a lot to someone who spends a lot of time in their car. Gas mileage has been around 25 mpg.

Zippiness, reliability, sporty look

No trunk button on remote (addressed in later years), flimsy carpeting around dead pedal area, floor mats wear in the heel area.

I love it
By Matt Blanchette

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives amazing, is very comfortable, is extremely stylish for its class and price, and provides an experience that I have yet to feel in a car less than $30,000. Mazda love is hard to comprehend until you own one and realize the value you get, and the experience you get is unmatched. I bought it for the looks, fell in love with the drive, and have absolutely no issues with reliability. I've owned it a year and have already put well over 20,000 miles on it and it has had no servicing needed besides basic oil changes, ect.

The interior design is the reason I fell in love with the car, nothing else delivers such a sharp feel while sitting inside it.

The car with its regular tires is junk in the snow, though with snow tires its as if there IS no snow. Better snow traction would be my suggested improvement. Also I would love if there was a sedan that had a turbo in it, that would be extremely attractive.

I No Longer Desire An Audi
By Velma

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched and researched this car and decided to get it. It's awesome in everyway, and I've had no problems with it. My dream car is the Audi A3...but now I don't know. I'm very happy with this car in everyway. I drove from NC to Toronto, Ontario and had the best drive.

I have the all leather interior and you really could not tell that this is not a luxury vehicle. Very nice interior.

A luggage rack would be nice, I wasn't able to get one for this model :(

This car has soul!
By BadgerPat

2006 Mazda 3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda is the under appreciated Japanese brand, but they are the most fun to drive. I needed a commuting car and chose this as a nice balance between completely boring fuel economy and something that I would like to drive since I spend about 2 hrs and 20 min in it every workday. It is very reliable and you won't be disappointed if you buy one used. I am giving mine up to my 16 yr-old daughter and feel comfortable with her driving it.

Zoom, zoom, zoom Controls on steering wheel, easy closing doors, responsive engine, nice tight suspension for the money, a great value and fun to drive.

Some kind of hands free or blue tooth cell phone link.