Used 2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Interesting
By i love this car

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2006 and the only real problem I have had is the tires.

Favorite Features

I love the way this car moves, great on corners.

Suggested Improvements

the gas can be better, maybe a little more room in the back seat, better tires! and a trunk opener oh yeah and the bright orange lights is a little disturbing.

So Far So Good
By Matt

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

Favorite Features

Interior look. Get-go (for an economy 4 banger). Safety/Sturdy (survived a big accident).

Suggested Improvements

None to speak of really. Maybe a longer Warranty (though I didn't use any of mine)

Zoom-Zoom A+
By Bibby

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 8 new cars including a BMW, Acura, Jeep, and a few GM's. My Mazda 3 has been my favorite car and the best value by far. To date I have over 100,000 miles and have replaced only the front brakes, windshield wipers, and one set of tires. I can't say enough good about this car it still as tight and rattle free as the day I bought it. I recently loaned it to a friend and they were amazed at how quiet it still rides and what a solid car it is. I have consistently gotten 32 MPG in mixed driving.

Favorite Features

economy, reliability, and the $17K sticker price!!

Suggested Improvements

Make the 2.0 Liter available in the hatch.

A Best Kept Secret
By Thrilled

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been 3 years, and it is one of the best decisions I ever made.Who would have thought that an inexpensive grocery-getter (which is why I bought it) would handle like a $30K-$40K car? It does not perform like a high end performance car because it is not supposed to. The 2.0 liter 4-banger is loads of fun because I can keep my foot in it if I want to play. For my normal commute I average 29-33 mpg mixed driving. on the Freeway, it's around 37 mpg. But the HANDLING!!! OMG! This has got to be one of the best-kept secrets in America! Would I like more power? Sure, but not at the cost of mpg. The fit and finish on this little gem is excellent. And for $18K out the door! I'm a happy camper.

Favorite Features

The handling is extraordinary for an economy car. The sound system is amazing. I love the gas mileage when I behave myself. I have never had to do more than the scheduled service....not a squeak...not a rattle. I love the fit, finish and styling, too.

Suggested Improvements

If you could beef up the 2.0 liter engine with 20-30 more HP, and 20-30 more lbft of low-end torque without sacrificing gas mileage......oh well, dreaming is free. (LOL)

I love it.
By Brian Parker

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased used w/21K miles, fell in love immediately. Worst fuel mileage 30, best 45 on a leisurely trip on state highways with 60 or lower speed limits. Key to good mileage is to not run the RPM's up in every gear, let the torque work for you. Before you get the impression I am a slow driver, I have had this well over the speed limits plenty of times, I love to let it go, but I also enjoy getting good mileage. Last trip to Florida got me 39mpg average between state highways and interstate up to 72mph. Almost 30K miles so the noisy OEM tires will be replaced with quieter good tires. Yes, a remote trunk opener would be great, but it's still one of the better cars I have owned.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Remote trunk release.