2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Awesome Sedan, Great Value
By pepsizen on 01/25/12 09:25 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a year and a half now and I really like it a lot. It feels like I'm driving a sports car because of the pep and the great handling. It has 90k miles on it and in the time I've had it I haven't had to do anything other than regular maintenance. It is very reliable and I don't mind that it doesn't get great gas mileage (I average 25 - 28 mpg with a mix of city/highway) because it is so fun to drive. The sporty/luxury mix is perfect. In the snow and ice, one must be careful of the pep and be easy on the gas pedal when accelerating after stopping, but other than that, I've had no problems driving it in the snow.

Fanatastic Car!!
By afranchuk993 on 10/13/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fantastic! Never gives me any problems! The seats are extremely comfy no matter how long the drive. The fuel economy has been great (about 25-28 mpg) It also has a HUGE glove compartment and huge trunk. There is so much storage space! For some reason mine vibrates when idling at a red light and jerks when going from the 3rd to 4th gear. It never has left me stranded anywhere, but when my mother drove it in the winter it left her stranded at safeway and also overheated. But I have never once had a problem. But my mothers 2007 Mazda 3 GT is smooth, runs fantastic and never has a problem. These are great cars and I would suggest buying one!

Great Car for the Money
By Ryan on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Out of college was on a budget of 15k. Bought a 2006 Mazda 3 with 45k miles on it for 12k, 14k after financing and taxes. Bought the 2.3 version, and it has been an excellent car. Great pick up for a 4 cyl. Handling is amazing, easily equals the maxima i had to trade in. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired (i average about 25). leather is fake feeling, but hey, heated leather for a 14k car isn't bad. on board GPS is ok but outdated. Bose sound system is nice but not as good as i expected (again 14k). sun roof is a nice touch. lacks torque to put you back in your seat. if you are a looking for a great, reliable, go-kart like car to drive for under 16k, look for used mazda3.

SAYYYWEEETTTT!!!!
By STERN1 on 12/31/09 00:43 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this brand new, loaded. I drove 500mi a week to and from work..this car is AWESOME!! It was red mica w/ black leather. I just sold this car to a family member and REGRET doing so. Only complaint is i was on my 3rd set of tires (low profile).. other than that NO problems.. I was averaging 29-32mpg with regular gas.. S Grand Touring(loaded)is the way to go.. Bi-xenion headlights DO make a difference.. especially in fog and with deer... Kids are comfy in backseat, big adults may not be as comfortable.. Great economical and reliable car.. Mazda got it right with this one!!! LOVED IT!!!

Get one!
By caitshappy on 12/15/09 20:17 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Entry level sport sedan that has all the options of BMW or Lexus, without the price or maintenance issues. Handles like a true sports car. Average 25 mpg with 30 hwy. Road noise is an issue but with proper tire choice you can reduce the noise. Super smooth gear box and clutch with outstanding disc brakes on all corners. The grand touring is a must as it has all options and is inexpensive. I don't believe in buying strip models as they are a dime a dozen and resale is poor. Mine is a 06 grand touring with 18,000 original miles. I paid 13.500 in n. California. Research your vehicle and then buy a lot of car for cheap.

Loaded for the money
By Hong kong fooey on 11/10/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I cant believe the bells and whistles this car comes with and still is incredibly low priced,add to that the build quality,you cant go wrong.This car is great for a first time buyer or for someone who realizes that BMW has very little on this mazda.

Good buy for your $
By KMJ on 06/22/09 18:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my mazda 3GT. (2.3) It's a great car for someone who is single or with a small family. It HANDLES VERY WELL..the manual transmission shifts nicely and the power-performance is surprising for a smaller car. I drove a a civic (exc SI), Corolla and Calliber and for about the same price ...it is by far a better buy!!!!

Best value in America
By Jim on 01/14/09 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 2 1/2 years and it is a great car. I have never had a problem with it and I must have gotten a freak because it gets 35 mpg highway and almost 30 in everyday driving (which is a combo of highway and city). I am looking forward to trading it in on a new 2010 model Mazda 3.

07 Mazda 3
By MAzda3 on 06/20/08 10:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is great. The paint is terrible. It chips and scratches too easy (my purse chipped my paint). The interior sucks. The floor mats are cheap, the plastic door panels are poorly made, scratch way too easy and the plastic piece around the gear shift, well the silver paint is coming off of that from the heat. So yes I like this car, it runs great but the quality of the interior and the paint is very poor. Although I do like the car I would not buy it brand new again. Go for the used it's not worth as much as it costs. Depreciation on this car is terrible.

Snappy
By Martin on 01/08/08 15:31 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car because the 17mph I was getting was crazy at $3.50 a gal. I looked at Honda and Nissan, but the performance sold me, as well as the 4 yr., 50k warranty. It still surprises me everytime I put my foot into it. The car rockets to the 6500 redline, and there is a huge torque leap at about 3500. You have to watch your speed though because the car gives alot and can surprise you with its agility and handling. I do a 90-mile round trip about 6 times a month, and I'm used to getting about 29 mpg, lead foot and all. Inside it has the feel of a small BMW and all the bells and whistles too. This is one fun "economy" car! Zoom, zoom.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.