2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda3 S - touring. Still 2nd best
By rogracin on 02/13/13 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our 2006 Mazda3 s - new. Went with the Touring package to get side curtain/seat airbags and sport tires/ rims. We have 77k miles now, While it is good car the quality is low. Carpet, seats, visor, rear view mirror, visors are all worn or broken. One major thing I hate is the oil filter placement. Had to replace the drivers window/lock cluster cause that stopped working. I do all my oil changes but to reach the filter you have to remove the underbody shield consisting of 5 bolts and numerous clips. This car replaced our 1988 MX6 we kept for 23 years. I did not have these problems until well after 150k on my MX6.

Awesome Sedan, Great Value
By pepsizen on 01/25/12 09:25 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for a year and a half now and I really like it a lot. It feels like I'm driving a sports car because of the pep and the great handling. It has 90k miles on it and in the time I've had it I haven't had to do anything other than regular maintenance. It is very reliable and I don't mind that it doesn't get great gas mileage (I average 25 - 28 mpg with a mix of city/highway) because it is so fun to drive. The sporty/luxury mix is perfect. In the snow and ice, one must be careful of the pep and be easy on the gas pedal when accelerating after stopping, but other than that, I've had no problems driving it in the snow.

Poor gas milage
By lordmetalz28 on 11/21/11 20:13 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

although i love everything about this car. i bought it for the gas milage and the gas mileage is disgusting. so now im locked into a 5 year 13k mistake.

Fanatastic Car!!
By afranchuk993 on 10/13/11 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is fantastic! Never gives me any problems! The seats are extremely comfy no matter how long the drive. The fuel economy has been great (about 25-28 mpg) It also has a HUGE glove compartment and huge trunk. There is so much storage space! For some reason mine vibrates when idling at a red light and jerks when going from the 3rd to 4th gear. It never has left me stranded anywhere, but when my mother drove it in the winter it left her stranded at safeway and also overheated. But I have never once had a problem. But my mothers 2007 Mazda 3 GT is smooth, runs fantastic and never has a problem. These are great cars and I would suggest buying one!

Great Car for the Money
By Ryan on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Out of college was on a budget of 15k. Bought a 2006 Mazda 3 with 45k miles on it for 12k, 14k after financing and taxes. Bought the 2.3 version, and it has been an excellent car. Great pick up for a 4 cyl. Handling is amazing, easily equals the maxima i had to trade in. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired (i average about 25). leather is fake feeling, but hey, heated leather for a 14k car isn't bad. on board GPS is ok but outdated. Bose sound system is nice but not as good as i expected (again 14k). sun roof is a nice touch. lacks torque to put you back in your seat. if you are a looking for a great, reliable, go-kart like car to drive for under 16k, look for used mazda3.

Interesting
By i love this car on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2006 and the only real problem I have had is the tires.

Reliable, Safe, and a FUN CAR TO OWN!
By WB3Jay on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new (coming out of a Mazda Millenia) with 7 miles on it. 5 years and 120,000+ miles later I am still a proud owner. This is one reliable car with nothing needing replacing with the exception of normal wear and tear items (I went 115k on the original front brake pads!). I've been through 2 sets of tires and 2 rear brake jobs that's it. It is so much fun to drive and that means a lot to someone who spends a lot of time in their car. Gas mileage has been around 25 mpg.

2006 Mazda 3
By Michele on 07/10/10 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The driving of this car is great, handles curves very well and is all around a very fun car to drive. Gets great gas mileage. First Mazda we have owned but it wont be the last. I purchased this car from Gerald Jones Mazda in Augusta, Ga. and used Charlie Royal. He was impressed me with all the ins and outs of the car and made the process very easy. I highly recommend him and this dealership to any one looking for a new or used Mazda. I can definitely say it wont be our last Mazda.

I love it
By Matt Blanchette on 03/12/10 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car drives amazing, is very comfortable, is extremely stylish for its class and price, and provides an experience that I have yet to feel in a car less than $30,000. Mazda love is hard to comprehend until you own one and realize the value you get, and the experience you get is unmatched. I bought it for the looks, fell in love with the drive, and have absolutely no issues with reliability. I've owned it a year and have already put well over 20,000 miles on it and it has had no servicing needed besides basic oil changes, ect.

So Far So Good
By Matt on 01/15/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.