2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
2006 Mazda3 Hatchback
By carl999 on 07/10/13 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great small car. Fun to drive, always reliable.

Best Car Out There
By gegpdx on 07/03/12 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback new when it first came out in '05 and drove it for about 78,000 miles before a guy lost control of his car on a highway, hit the driver side of my car causing the airbags to deploy and spinning us into a ditch. Because of the high safety standards, we were all able to walk away from the accident with minor injuries, when looking at my car, we should have been on stretchers. My car saved our lives. I loved this car and will be buying a new one just as soon as I can find one. They are so great that no one wants to part with theirs. I recommend this car to everyone. Fun to drive, safe, and reliable.

2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback
By markanash on 10/13/11 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car now with 138K on it. Nice features including the Bose sound, LED lights, adjustable headlights, great styling, etc.

Another Great Mazda
By Barney on 08/26/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a bushel of mazda's over the years and this is the best hatchback yet. So much fun to drive. Never been to the shop for more than tires. Plenty of power, better than 30 mpg average, a ton of room, wicked reliable.

I Love This Car!
By John F on 08/25/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a '07 Civic for this car. The civic was ok but it didn't have the pep, boring to drive and everyone has it. My insurance dropped a lot when I bought the Mazda. Bought it used with 80k. Had for a year now and its still fun to drive, tons of storage space, better gas mileage then my old civic and plenty of power for such a small car. Was looking at the speed3, but not all mazda dealerships can fix it and I live in Sacramento. Closest repair is in San Jose so I got this one. Save your money and buy this one and just add the speed hood.

Fun and spacious little car!
By SFrizzell on 08/21/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really love this little car. It fits my mastiff, and adults with ease. It looks very small on the outside, but has a HUGE interior! Insurance is dirt cheap too (almost half of what my Civic cost!)

luxury finnaly at a reasonably price
By machr85 on 08/25/09 20:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very impressed with this car, my friend had the mazdaspeed3 and I drove it one time and thats what got me into it, I couldn't afford the speed3 but got a 06 hatchback gt, I must say the interior has nothin to envy thus of a Lexus. Performance is great ride is great, only thing I'm waiting is for repairs hoping since is a Japanese car it might be expensive.

blind spots a problem
By ash on 05/18/09 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a small hatchback, and of the ones I compared, liked this one the best (and the price was right). But after driving it a bit, we both were troubled by the blind spots; The window dividers make it difficult to see whats next to you or coming up. We've not had that problem with other cars. We are getting used to it, but its something for others to consider when purchasing this car.

Zoom Zoom, then Break Down
By Buy a Honda Instead on 03/27/09 09:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At 24K, my Mazda3 needed a new bearing. The car is high strung like a German sports sedan, but lacks the quality engineering. Mazda is trying to build the poor man's BMW. They got the poor man part right. My 2006 Mazda replaced an '87 Honda Accord with 160K. Over 19 years, I had to replace the CV joints in the Honda and didn't have any other major problems. After 24K, the Mazda slipped a bearing. Here is another fun facts: In order to fit the "ZoomZoom" image, a supposed economy car requires V rated tires. My car ate up a set of Avon radials in 22K. Just be prepared to spend $600 plus on your tires.

Love at first drive
By Maxine Hunt on 03/16/09 11:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car with 8,000 miles from private owner, although I test drove a new one and my son owned a 2004 that I liked very much. From the first day I loved everything about this little car. There's plenty of room with the seats down and that's how I normally drive to accommodate my three dogs. Fun to drive, with no effort. It's almost like virtual driving compared to other cars I tested. The body style is attractive and Mazda apparently offers a nearly endless list of options as this car has it all. My next vehicle will be one just like this. I do suggest purchasing a set of winter tires that adds confidence to winter driving and makes the zoom zoom last all year.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.