2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Love this car
By Mazda 3 S on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I used to flip cars very often, had many faster cars. But i always looked up for economy also. This car comes with nice compromise for both. It's sporty, good on gas, has practical hatch and looks good. The main thing is that is very reliable. I'm getting close to 150k miles on this car and has been trouble free. Just tires, brakes, plugs and runs still strong. Have improved radio with navigation system and headlights with HID.

Cheap Thrills
By Agent Smith on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a terrific car. Outstanding chassis and suspension and tight steering lead to amazing handling and stability. The ride is firm but not harsh. The 2.3L 4 cyl runs strong. I love the 5 sp auto-stick. In 2nd and 3rd gears it pulls like crazy, maxing out the torque. For a small car, it feels very solid on the interstate at speed. Disappointments include gas mileage in city @ 20 mpg; original tires wore out at 20,000 mi; and I just replaced the rotors at 25,000 mi. re: rotors, ironically, the pads were fine. Otherwise zero issues. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

What's up with these tires!!!!!! Help!
By Graciegirl on 01/19/10 16:22 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda3 hatchback but, I can not seem to keep the tires from "cupping". I am replacing tires about every 25,000 miles, this is getting expensive. My dealer has replaced tires for me twice but, has never actually come up with a solution to the problem.

All Around Winner
By SupportTech on 04/22/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nearly 3 years and 38000 miles later this car still puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel. You simply won't find a better balance of economy and performance in it's class. Interior fit and finish have been excellent with the only beef being a floormat that has worn out already. Manual Tranny and brakes are top notch in operation and feel. Worst mileage: 26 mpg. Best Mileage: 33 mpg Suspension may be a little rough for the sensitive, but the dividends pay off in the handling department. If you want a plush cruiser this is not the car for you. This vehicle is built for those who like to be involved and take pleasure in the driving experience.

Would buy again. In fact, about to!
By Dennis on 12/17/08 00:52 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Interior & exterior look stylish & expensive: people often assume it cost $10k more. Fast, with good midrange power (though more at low RPM would be nice). Manual tranny feels good (but improved clutch feel would permit smoother launches, and the too-tall 2nd gear ratio drops you out of the engine's sweet spot around town unless you wring it out in 1st.) Precise handling, yet good comfort (although more steering feel and suspension travel would be nice). Road noise seems excessive but that's partly because the engine is so quiet (silent idle, & easy to forget to shift to 5th). Brakes are fantastic (though the rotors eventually warp, as they seem to on all modern cars).

Mazda3 5 door
By fox on 04/21/08 16:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car has had zero problems in 50K miles. It is fun to drive and not a mushmobile like the competition. Great performance for the price! Smooth and quiet engine with a wide torque band. Standard transmission shifts great, precise and easy.

Fun!
By Tyler on 04/09/08 09:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car to replace my '96 Pontiac Bonneville. This car was a huge improvement! Given, the interior wasn't quite as nice, but it was sporty, which was what I was looking for. The car is much more responsive than I would have expected and has an all around sporty feel. If you want a nice smooth, quiet ride, this car isn't for you. You can definitely feel the road (which I like), and it's a little loud inside, but it could very well be my tires. The suspension is superb, you can take 90 degree turns going 30 mph on a dime. If you get this car, make sure to get the manual! This is what makes it so much fun!

I love my car!
By lovemycar on 12/30/07 21:18 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every time I drive my car, I feel like it is the first time I have driven it--and this is after owning it for over two years! I am a student, and this car was very affordable for me. It has everything I wanted in a car--safety, handling, comfortability, peppy engine, good gas mileage, fun to drive, great features inside and out, easy to maintain/ not very costly. It makes me feel great, safe, and very pleased with my purchase. I would not trade this car in for anything!!

Awesome.
By poulain145 on 08/25/07 14:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my blue, automatic, S Hatch for over a year and I absolutely love it. It is by far my favorite vehicle that I have ever had. I love the styling, and the roomy interior. The quality of the interior is very nice, and the car gives a very smooth ride. I don't have the road noise problem that some people have complained about. It's far more quiet than the Corolla I had before. I drove this car from Phoenix to San Diego in July and it was great. I must say that insurance on this vehicle is a bit expensive when compared to the Toyota I had before. One complaint that I have is that the air pressure gauge light is always coming on and I find myself putting air in my tires a lot.

Love my zoom zoom
By Lyn on 08/16/07 19:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first researched, haggled and purchased car of my own and I couldn't be happier. I love driving my car and that fact that I'm not worried about things falling apart or repairs that need to be done. It's never been recalled (like cars I've owned in the past.) I would love to keep this car forever, but with a new man and two additional kids to my already two, it doesn't fit all six of us. I will be very sad to say goodbye when that time comes.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.