2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
I would buy another one!
By clapp6 on 03/14/14 09:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 1 year here are my thoughts: 1)Fun to drive everyday 2)Not as much cargo room as you think 3)Breaks a lot! (been in the shop multiple times for bad shocks, replace belts, power steering pump, and many more parts) 4)Good gas mileage but could be better 5)That zoom zoom factor is addicting Simply put, every time I drive this car I fall in love with it a little bit more even though it has it flaws.

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback
By carl999 on 07/10/13 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great small car. Fun to drive, always reliable.

Great fun, and reasonably practical
By lurkin on 11/23/12 08:14 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I prefer a standard shift, and so I really enjoy this car. It is the best car I have ever owned, considering it cost me $17k as an "economy car." Great value. Cargo capacity is impressive, comfort is very reasonable, although over time, chintzy interior materials and high maintenance bills disappoint. She eats tires and her tires are expensive; third set within 100k miles at $750 a set. Expensive also was the turn-signal switch replacement with "stealership" labor pricing, as well as a broken motor mount, and failed fuel injector. Downside is, maintenance adds up pretty substantially, IMO. You do pay for the sporty performance eventually. Great fun, versatile and reasonably practical.

Best Car Out There
By gegpdx on 07/03/12 15:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback new when it first came out in '05 and drove it for about 78,000 miles before a guy lost control of his car on a highway, hit the driver side of my car causing the airbags to deploy and spinning us into a ditch. Because of the high safety standards, we were all able to walk away from the accident with minor injuries, when looking at my car, we should have been on stretchers. My car saved our lives. I loved this car and will be buying a new one just as soon as I can find one. They are so great that no one wants to part with theirs. I recommend this car to everyone. Fun to drive, safe, and reliable.

2006 Mazda3 Grand Touring Hatchback
By markanash on 10/13/11 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car now with 138K on it. Nice features including the Bose sound, LED lights, adjustable headlights, great styling, etc.

Love this car
By Mazda 3 S on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I used to flip cars very often, had many faster cars. But i always looked up for economy also. This car comes with nice compromise for both. It's sporty, good on gas, has practical hatch and looks good. The main thing is that is very reliable. I'm getting close to 150k miles on this car and has been trouble free. Just tires, brakes, plugs and runs still strong. Have improved radio with navigation system and headlights with HID.

Cheap Thrills
By Agent Smith on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a terrific car. Outstanding chassis and suspension and tight steering lead to amazing handling and stability. The ride is firm but not harsh. The 2.3L 4 cyl runs strong. I love the 5 sp auto-stick. In 2nd and 3rd gears it pulls like crazy, maxing out the torque. For a small car, it feels very solid on the interstate at speed. Disappointments include gas mileage in city @ 20 mpg; original tires wore out at 20,000 mi; and I just replaced the rotors at 25,000 mi. re: rotors, ironically, the pads were fine. Otherwise zero issues. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

Another Great Mazda
By Barney on 08/26/10 10:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had a bushel of mazda's over the years and this is the best hatchback yet. So much fun to drive. Never been to the shop for more than tires. Plenty of power, better than 30 mpg average, a ton of room, wicked reliable.

I Love This Car!
By John F on 08/25/10 10:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a '07 Civic for this car. The civic was ok but it didn't have the pep, boring to drive and everyone has it. My insurance dropped a lot when I bought the Mazda. Bought it used with 80k. Had for a year now and its still fun to drive, tons of storage space, better gas mileage then my old civic and plenty of power for such a small car. Was looking at the speed3, but not all mazda dealerships can fix it and I live in Sacramento. Closest repair is in San Jose so I got this one. Save your money and buy this one and just add the speed hood.

Fun and spacious little car!
By SFrizzell on 08/21/10 10:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really love this little car. It fits my mastiff, and adults with ease. It looks very small on the outside, but has a HUGE interior! Insurance is dirt cheap too (almost half of what my Civic cost!)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.