2006 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Interesting
By i love this car on 10/31/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2006 and the only real problem I have had is the tires.

So Far So Good
By Matt on 01/15/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The exterior look of the car is about average for an economy car. I think its a tad nicer looking than the civic and corolla. I test drove all three, and walked away with Mazda as the clear front runner. I would imagine that a Civic will typically be more reliable way down the road than the 3, but we will find out. The 3 feels sturdy (corolla did not) and it has more get-go than the civic had. I was in a car accident(vs a Trailer truck) last winter and the car appears to have recovered nicely and I'm alive to talk about it. If you are looking for an economy car, give the 3 a shot.

Zoom-Zoom A+
By Bibby on 10/26/09 18:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned 8 new cars including a BMW, Acura, Jeep, and a few GM's. My Mazda 3 has been my favorite car and the best value by far. To date I have over 100,000 miles and have replaced only the front brakes, windshield wipers, and one set of tires. I can't say enough good about this car it still as tight and rattle free as the day I bought it. I recently loaned it to a friend and they were amazed at how quiet it still rides and what a solid car it is. I have consistently gotten 32 MPG in mixed driving.

A Best Kept Secret
By Thrilled on 04/12/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It has been 3 years, and it is one of the best decisions I ever made.Who would have thought that an inexpensive grocery-getter (which is why I bought it) would handle like a $30K-$40K car? It does not perform like a high end performance car because it is not supposed to. The 2.0 liter 4-banger is loads of fun because I can keep my foot in it if I want to play. For my normal commute I average 29-33 mpg mixed driving. on the Freeway, it's around 37 mpg. But the HANDLING!!! OMG! This has got to be one of the best-kept secrets in America! Would I like more power? Sure, but not at the cost of mpg. The fit and finish on this little gem is excellent. And for $18K out the door! I'm a happy camper.

I love it.
By Brian Parker on 04/09/09 04:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased used w/21K miles, fell in love immediately. Worst fuel mileage 30, best 45 on a leisurely trip on state highways with 60 or lower speed limits. Key to good mileage is to not run the RPM's up in every gear, let the torque work for you. Before you get the impression I am a slow driver, I have had this well over the speed limits plenty of times, I love to let it go, but I also enjoy getting good mileage. Last trip to Florida got me 39mpg average between state highways and interstate up to 72mph. Almost 30K miles so the noisy OEM tires will be replaced with quieter good tires. Yes, a remote trunk opener would be great, but it's still one of the better cars I have owned.

Everything I asked for
By Kevin on 01/08/09 15:11 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car and it did everything I needed it to do. It is a great commuter but it is not a long distance car. I needed to stuff things like jeans and pillows behind my back and next to the driver door to lean on for 5 - 6 hour trips. The style is great and I totally enjoyed cleaning and polishing the exterior. I have the rally white. The inside is less quality especially compared to my wife's Corolla. It is noisy at higher speeds especially as the oem tires wear. Good car to lease but I won't buy it. Gets 31/35 mph, same as the Corolla we check.

Poor Man's BMW
By GLC on 12/14/08 16:19 PM (PST)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car almost 3 yrs. No mechanical/quality problems. Routine service only. Handles similar to my drowned BMW 325i, despite that it is FWD (specs for size wt and interior dimensions close, but definitely not nearly as refined as BMW, but ok for ~1/2 the price. Excellent outward visibility. Mileage ~22 mpg city and high 20's hwy. Good looking, especially to the younger set. Lots of amenities, leather, rain-sensing wipers, 5 speed auto with manual mode, atuo on-off headlights, side air bags, CD, heated seats, and more. Would definitely recomend this model for someone who wants a fun to drive, economical, utilitarian and reliable car that runs on regular gas. It is a GLC as in great little car.

HATE MY MAZDA3!!!
By roxygurl on 09/24/08 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ever since I bought my Mazda 3 I have regretted it! Before this car I owned an Infiniti and before that a Honda, but nothing compares to this. It is by far the worst car I have ever purchased! If I could go back I would. It is loud, small and cheaply made. The only thing going for this car is the gas mileage and the overall exterior look.

Excellent overall
By guinzuz on 06/11/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The fit an finish on the car is outstanding. Both exterior and interior styling are top-notch. Car is sporty to drive even with the smaller 2.0. Very practical and reliable. Driving position is very comfortable. Visibility is excellent. I would highly recommend this car.

Ford Engine
By Bernie on 05/21/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Mazda Mazda3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With 12000 miles on our new Mazda, the engine locked up which sent us on a one month "Mazda doesn't want to sell us another car" misery. We found out that Ford builds the engine for our car. We also learned that the problem our car was having was a mystery for Mazda and Mazda engineering would direct our dealer as to what to do next and when. After one month of experimenting with our car and several threats from us that we would not accept the car unless the engine were replaced, Mazda replaced the head and gave us a 100000 mile engine/drive train warranty. If Mazda had been concerned about keeping us happy customers, they woulds have replaced the engine and had our car back to us in a week.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.