Used 2006 Mazda 3 i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

2006 Mazda 3
By surfrider1978

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this vehicle. It's stylish and runs great. I've had zero problems with it since I bought in 2006. I owned a Honda Civic before, but the Mazda 3 is definitely beats it out on performance and pricing. I recommend this vehicle to first time buyers since is affordable, stylish, and runs great.

The engine runs smooth and mileage is great. The exterior and interior are a level above for an entry car.

automatic truck opener. I thought these were standard by now.

Loved this car from the day I bought it
By Phil

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say. From the day I drove it off the lot it just passes the gas stations by and is just a total joy to drive.

Gas mileage is upwards of 35 to 40 on long trips - which is just about every week.

Style,engineering,economy at good price
By jaldav

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Enjoyable to drive. Solid build and handling. Looks sexy. I bought this car last February and so far it's been a good choice when comparing to Nissan, Honda and Toyota. More bang for the buck. I'm planning to hang on to this vehicle for as long as possible since I fear future cars may look like upscale golf carts.

Clean engine layout. Refined, well appointed interior. Nice sound system. Easy entry and exit. Large glove box. Good power and acceleration for a 2L engine. Quiet engine when idling. Strong headlight illumination. Braking is smooth and powerful.

Limited rear windshield visibility. The base model could've included power windows and door locks as well as cruise control. Outside mirrors lack adjustment range. Air filter is hard to get to for replacement. Temporary disabling of seatbelt minder alarm doesn't work as described in manual.

Nice, for the money.
By dwaynepg

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall nice car, good safety features, good performance. Back seat is fairly roomy, like the dash and radio setup, huge glove compartment.

Roomy trunk, steering wheel controls, fuel economy, looks.

Ride is a bit stiff, road noise a little too load, a/c pull on engine a bit rough.

Mazda3 driving performance
By 3 owner

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Mazda3 in 2006 since than I put over 42000 miles on the vehicle. I have had very few problems with the vehicle and the ones I did have were quickly resolved by the dealership. I like the performance and so far the durability of the vehicle. I hope to see Mazda continue the Mazda3 line and improve upon it. So far I think the 3 is just as good as the Honda civic, however I will know for sure if the car makes it to 150000 plus miles with minimal repairs.

Lots of standard options and a competitive price.

The 2.0 liter needs about 20 more horsepower. Also shifting for the standard is difficult when the weather is cold.