Used 2006 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

commuting car
By esvg13@gmail.com

2006 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

first newer Mazda for me not bad at all.
By Frankito Giron

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the mazda3 from a private seller for $5100 great car get a easy 4.2 out 5 from me stock suspension is comfy, i did install coilovers obviously ride became a bit stiffer but not bad. is been great.

the mazda3 is a good car interior is probably the top best in its class that includes good cargo space back seats well laid out and comfortable all around, outside looks the hatch looks so welcoming and nice, no offence to the sedan owners. the engine is a 2.3 liter has decent acceleration and smooth, has projector lights so you can use hids

big issue with car the a/c usually takes about 3 minutes to start i heard is a little issue with some of them. the mpg are not as good as i expected has the same mpg as the faster newer mazdaspeed3 or 6, and its fwd my first fwd turning radius could be better. expect o2 sensor to go out around 135k miles just one $125 online easy to replace at home.

I would buy another one!
By clapp6

2006 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 1 year here are my thoughts: 1)Fun to drive everyday 2)Not as much cargo room as you think 3)Breaks a lot! (been in the shop multiple times for bad shocks, replace belts, power steering pump, and many more parts) 4)Good gas mileage but could be better 5)That zoom zoom factor is addicting Simply put, every time I drive this car I fall in love with it a little bit more even though it has it flaws.

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback
By carl999

2006 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A great small car. Fun to drive, always reliable.

Mazda3 S - touring. Still 2nd best
By rogracin

2006 Mazda 3 s Touring 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased our 2006 Mazda3 s - new. Went with the Touring package to get side curtain/seat airbags and sport tires/ rims. We have 77k miles now, While it is good car the quality is low. Carpet, seats, visor, rear view mirror, visors are all worn or broken. One major thing I hate is the oil filter placement. Had to replace the drivers window/lock cluster cause that stopped working. I do all my oil changes but to reach the filter you have to remove the underbody shield consisting of 5 bolts and numerous clips. This car replaced our 1988 MX6 we kept for 23 years. I did not have these problems until well after 150k on my MX6.

Fuel economy. Hit, install a K&N air filter to increase MPG and low end torque.

Quality.