2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: What a blast

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

What a blast
By kmh030 on

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is so much fun to drive. Get the 2.3 motor (not the 2.0). It is so much fun to drive everyday. I couldn't ask for more car at $18,600. It's well built, handles like a dream, quick off the line and you can fit a piano in the back. Big strong brakes and a great chassis offers a stiff yet surprisingly smooth ride. The automatic transmission could be a bit more smooth but it's not bad. It boots around the city and whips easily into any parking spot. On the down side the seats are not comfortable. The seat hurts after 1.5 hours and it gets worse. I'm going to buy an aftermarket seat. The cockpit ergonomics could be better too. But I don't care and you shouldn't either.

Great motor. GREAT chassis. Nice brakes. Sweet exterior styling. Lots of cargo room.

Better seats and better ergonomics. I want to be able to rest my elbows on something when my hands are on the wheel. Can't do that.