Superb car
By Larry on
2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Just purchased this car a few days ago but it is clear what the pro's and cons are. Great Handling, very firm and responsive steering. Acceleration actually surprised me when I first jumped on it and the car does feel sporty (I am guessing maybe 0-60 in 8 seconds?) For the money you can touch the performance and great looks. The only drawback is the seats are hard, they dont hug you like a Subaru or a Honda Civics, they are more like folding metal chairs (with lumbar support) I will be looking for a way to increase the comfort of them ASAP. The uncomfortable seats are a price I pay for the fun of driving this car, I never had a car I looked forward to so much to driving everyday.
Favorite Features
The looks, 17 inch wheels, the interior quality is way above what you would expect for a $17,000 car. I love the responsvieness of the steering and the smoothness of the engine.
Suggested Improvements
Better seats. Move the cupholders so that tall cups dont get in the way of shiting to 2nd and 4th gears. Also, the stereo is good but if I want an aftermarket one I have no idea how they will fill the giant void that would be leftover from the large stereo Mazda used in this car.