2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Solid and stylish and fun to d

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

Solid and stylish and fun to drive
By Johno on

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Loving this car. I've had it for 1/2 a year now and it still feels and looks brand new. It's very roomy for a compact. (I'm 6'5" and there are still a few inches of room above my head.) My biggest gripe with the car is the road noise. It's invasive at times. There's no wind noise and the engine is quiet and responsive and the car handles extremely well. My last car was a 1990 Mazda MX-6 and it performed well for 14 years with minimal repairs. I'm hoping this car will last as long.

Good handling and steering. Impressive acceleration. The car has a distinct look. I feel like I'm driving a more expensive car than it is. I like the stereo controls on the steering wheel. Good head room. Huge glove box. Lots of cup holders. Headrest is firm and supportive.Adjustable seatbelt height

Eliminate some of that road noise. The trunk is a bit small and designwise, it looks truncated back there. The bucket seat, while it moves back far enough for adequate leg room, isn't deep or long enough for my legs and doesn't provide support for long rides. Hard to find the perfect position.