No More Minivans!
By FL Mom on
2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I absolutely love this car! I traded in my minivan because I was sick of spending $70+/week on gas. The handling, design and driving experience are all top notch. The 5- speed is very responsive and gives excellent control. I average just under 30 mpg in mixed driving, with A/C on most of the time (I live in FL). The hatch is surprisingly roomy inside: my 2 kids have ample room in the back, and the hatch has plenty of room for groceries and backpacks. The dash is very attractive, with logical controls. My only real beef is with the horn: wimpy and high pitched. I don't trust that it would grab the attention of other motorists in an emergency.
Favorite Features
I love the audio controls on the steering wheel - thumb controls for volume, cd track, and radio presets. The telescoping steering wheel is great - I can have my clutch leg comfortably extended without being too far away from the wheel.
Suggested Improvements
Other than the horn (which I consider a safety issue), my only suggestion concerns the dashboard lights. They are so brightly lit that I have to remind myself to turn on the headlights at night. I'd also appreciate headlights that turn themselves off when the ignition key is removed.