Great Outside, Cheap Inside
By Good but Cheap on
2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have owned this Mazda for 3 years. Its a good car. Engine is quite and peppy. Very reliable. Just add gas, change to oil regulary and go. The thing that gets me about it the cheap and tough to clean interrior. In typical Japanese automotive fashion, its cheap and plastic. The cloth on the sests attract any dirt and I always have to use a sweater shaver on them to get rid of the fuzzballs the fabric makes. The fabric trim on the door came loose. (Repaired under warranty) The carpet is difficult to vacuum, hold objects like velcro. The air conditioning could use more power. The horn needs a boost too. The windshield wipers need a intermittent adj. The tires wore out at 30,000 miles.
Favorite Features
The car drives very quietly and handles like it is on rails. However a small pothole will knock it out of alignment. The sound system sounds really well. I like the gauge cluster and how everything is within reach.
Suggested Improvements
Louder two-tone horn. Brighter Parking brake light or a reminder chime like my Tribue has so the parking brake is not left on. Better interior components, seat fabrics and carpeting. An iPod hookup would be awesome as well as lighted visor mirrors. An extra speed on the Autmatic Transmission.