2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Great deal for a great car

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great deal for a great car
By t. p. on

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My first new car purchase. I've had this car for 3 weeks now and it is great. I enjoy driving it everyday (plus you don't feel so bad b/c it gets very good gas mileage). Mine has ABS/sideairbags, moonroof, 6 disk, tpms, 5 spd, xenon,step plates, wheel moldings and diffuserplate. I would suggest finding one with ABS/airbags b/c tests show poor side impact ratings w/o sideairbags. ABS brakes feel great stopping the car. Step plates are good cheap option for protecting rear bumper. I would not suggest buying arch moldings or diffuser since they are non- functional. Ride is firm which I like. I highly recommend this vehicle. Get the stick if you can; manumatic will not allow downshifting as i wish

The many std features. Steering wheel mounted controls, interior design, big glovebox, gas mileage, fun to drive, firm ride, 6 disk changer, height+lumbar adjustments, storage beneath trunk, cloth seat colors, cupholders.

Ideally 200 HP+AWD. A/C is a little weak. Seat is a little uncomfortable. No AUX input for iPod. Interior plastic easy to scuff. No oustide temp guage. No headrest tilting adjustment. No adjustable intermittent wipers. No mud flap option. All are minor; I love this car.