2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Great commuter car, Good for t

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great commuter car, Good for tall people
By twozeroone on

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Hatchback Automatic 2.3S. Great little car. Fun as can be to drive alone on long windy roads with lots of tight turns. Very good handling, similar to BMW. Built extremely well with many stock features. I am about 6'3" tall and had a tough time finding a car I was comfortable in which was good on gas. I drove the 5 speed and was a little tight due to the clutch, but the automatic has a perfect spot where the clutch would be that is empty and I can extend my legs all the way to the fire wall. Great car for tall people like me. The seats hold you in position good on fast turns.

The handling and suspension. I like the interior design. The headlights have great range even with out the HID model lights. Did I mention the handling? I am a car enthusiast and this car is GREAT to throw around on a 65 MPH exit off the highway.

T O R Q U E ! Please give this car more low end torque. The 2006 model is coming with a 5 speed automatic transmission which will help with the gearing ratios and will provide more pickup. But low end torque is lacking severely. However, If you use the tip-tronic transmission on the auto it helps quite a bit.