Great Car/Great Value
By Tom on
2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Bought the SP23 model with manual 5sp. Great fun to drive and has been 100% reliable. 31 MPG on the highway, going 80 MPH (yes, we can do that in Montana). Excellent room, particulary for tall drivers. Rear seat not bad. Seats provide good back and leg support. Relatively quiet until you hit around 70MPH and then you hear more road noise.
Favorite Features
Power. Radio/CD controls on the steering wheel. Value for the money. Reliability.
Suggested Improvements
The SP23 only comes in dark grey (other colors would have been nice). Oil changes with 2.3 engine a real pain considering there is no OTS spin-on filter. No remote trunk latch.
By miles59923
on 02/23/11 20:14 PM (PST)

haha! You are from Montana! I was forced to move out to east coast.. (no worries, I'm moving back!) and I got pulled over during my first month here since I was used to the higher speed limits in Montana.. but one thing I see more of over here are toll roads and turn pikes.. and THOSE roads are a completely different story from the otherwise tame/boring 55mph limits of the remaining roads of the east... You can cruise a solid, solid 80-90+ without a thing to worry about even though those those speed limit signs that go whizzing by say 65.. lol.. I think on those roads you're allotted a triple digit before you will get pulled over. I think they are just jealous of Montana.. so they let people speed like mad.. :D