2005 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Review: Great Car with Little Disappoi

2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Review

s Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great Car with Little Disappointment!
By Andrew on

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. I wasn't out for a foreign ride but found it to offer the most bang for the buck. The leather and DVD navigation are "must haves." I get many compliments on this car; two people mistook my car for a BMW. It has class, sportiness, and is very fun to drive. The quality is also spectacular for the price. A few quirks: poor gas mileage for the performance and 4-cylinder. Optional 17" wheels equals bouncier ride & poor winter performance. Also, the interior lights (3) must be turned on individually to light cabin. Great options, stereo, and quality for the cost. No regrets!

Favorite Features

Interior: leather, trim, and style built right and very modern. Six-disc CD changer, easy-to-use & well integrated navigation system, build quality. Oh yeah, silver paint + silver wheels = HOT!

Suggested Improvements

Please improve fuel economy! This is why I downgraded in size from a Grand Prix, after all. One switch for all cabin lights. Vanity lights in visor mirrors. A bit more interior sound insulation, please. (Too much tire roar, though they are larger, optional wheels)