Great Car!
By bfong on
2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Adequate power for 2.3 liter, regular gas a plus. I get 25 mpg 60/40 city - on long trips I get 31 mpg hwy. Front seats are very good once all the adjustments are made. Stock Goodyears are worn out at 33k miles. I'll replace them with Yokohamas s-drive. Excellent steering feel. Mazda3 handles on rails. Get abs brakes, great feel but not the ultimate stopping power. Audio and cruise control on steering wheel. I added a louder horn for better sound. Slight vibration with 4A tranny at idle-still shifts good. Air conditioner kicks out sometimes-a quick flip of the fan speed switch turns it back on. Remote alarm ONLY beeps on lockup. It's quiet when you unlock it. nice.
Favorite Features
The in-dash 6 CD changer is nice-no problems with it. Planning to include 2009 on my short list.
Suggested Improvements
Power seats with memory would be helpful with other drivers. Cruise control on a stalk would be easier without looking. Louder two-tone horn. Brighter Parking brake light-I've left it on a few times. Stone shield has to be removed to change oil/filter.