BMW's handling, unmatched in its class!!
By Euro Auto Lover on
2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I used to lease a BMW 328i. I've spend 3 months looking for my next car to purchase. Gee, I no longer need the European cars since I found that Mazda 3 and 6 closely match the European handling!!!! Not the Matrix, not the Civic, not the Scion, this Mazda3 tops my driving test scores in styling, handling, power and price. The steering is top-notch, it is even better than my previous heavier 328i. The handling is just as good as the BMWs. I don't put my food on the brake going around corners, I even accelerate out of corners in the 3!!! Cars disappear in the rear-view mirror!!! Braking is top-notch, no fading whatsoever during hard braking!!!! It is a MUSH-HAVE fun-to-drive machine!
Favorite Features
Tasty 17" alloys, smooth exterior styling, neat gauges and lighting, comfortable leather seats, quite moonroof operation, good acceleration, exceptional braking in this class, exceptional handling in this class, HIDs are really good for rainly driving conditions. I REALLY LOVE IT!!
Suggested Improvements
A turbo for even more serious driving, just like Mazdaspeed Miata. I think that this will really give BMW & Audi big headaches if even more power is given to the already potent 3. Last but not least, the ABS feel is exceptional!!! My money well spend.