Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 306 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Uber wagon with a few quirks
By uber wagon

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I love the hatch. I think that the sedan looks better but when you can put a fully assembled grill in the back it brings a smile to my face especially in an economy compact. Engine sound is buzzy, sound system is horrible and 4 speed transmission is is joke. At 80 MPH the engine revs at 3600 and this kills the fuel economy. I am used to a BMW 335i and Acura TL so my expectations are high.

Looks and drive, utility, cheap, good seats with cool leather stitching, 6 cd changer, grippy handling.

Add TCS and DSC, horrible transmission, better gas mileage (average 25 MPG 1/2 highway) steering is a bit light. Make it possible to change oil. Ditch the canister filter!

I Love This 3
By LA DRIVER

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car back in 2005 when her Honda went out. Almost 3 years later I still love it. At about 300 miles per tank city/hwy driving can't complain. I just love the performance for such a compact car, leather seats, GPS, 6 disc CD, 5 speed man., when sitting inside it reminds me of my BMW at half the cost. Great power and lots of trunk space esp when rear seats are folded down. The 3 is truly a car in it's own, with aftermarket performance tires it handles as well as my BMW and is great to drive through corners and the straights. Over all this is a great car to drive in the city as well as the hwy. avg. of about 32 mpg hwy we make it from LA to San Jose in 1 tank. LOVE my 3.

Handling, leather seats, sun roof, GPS, audio, looks, lines, features, HID lights

6 gear for better mileage on hwys. other from that, perfect car in my eyes.

Awesome!
By Kristina

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved this car! It is fun to drive, pulls uturns on a dime and is so comfortable that 3 people for 15 hours in the car was no problem. I am so happy with this purchase!

Take It From Me
By TRO

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been an auto detailer for years, and just started college in Oregon. I needed a reliable car with good gas mileage to drive from Washington. This car is everything and more. I have the 2.3 Mazda 3 Hatch S. On average, now this is average about 28 miles per gallon. On highway only I have averaged about 36. I know it's insane. Driving on the highway the noise is actually very quiet. This car has tons of room and very spacious. The manual transmission is very smooth along with the steering. Easy to use controls on the steering wheel. I would recommend this car to ANYONE. I have driven hundreds of other cars through my auto detailing, and nothing compares to a Mazda. Nothing.

Bose stereo, moon roof, 2.3L engine, manual transmission, Interior design and finish. I love the center console it has two compartments, one is huge and I can fit everything in it. The interior lighting is great, especially on the gauges with the blue and red. Nice wheels. Very comfortable seats.

More rear seat leg room. It's a hatchback so the seats could be pushed back two even three inches without giving up trunk space. I think all of the hatchbacks should come standard with Xenon headlights and Bose sound. Many do not come with either. Should offer some mazdaspeed options with the hatch.

After 4 SUVs I fell in love
By Kristen

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have previously owned 4 SUVs (2 Fords and 2 Jeeps), so I was more than a little hesitant to exchange my 4x4s for a compact sedan. That is until I drove the Mazda3. I drive 50+ miles to school and back 5 days a week, and this car makes the commute fun. I love on-ramps and passing. The car has so much zip. I love, love, love the fuel economy! I record my average for every tank, and it's always been around 35mpg (33-36). The driver's seat offers great visability-something that I was afraid of missing after driving SUVs. Regular oil changes, and you are good to go! I get complements on my car all of the time. I couldn't be happier with my Mazda! Civic beware!

Radio and cruise controls on steering wheel, exterior styling, fuel ecconomy, powertrain, cup holders (6), glove compartment (huge!), highly adjustable driver's seat, front and rear side airbags

Improve road noise on highway, higher quality factory break pads to prevent rotor noise and break dust excess, auto daytime running head lights, 5 speed auto transmission