2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
This is a good car
By mtrblkd on 04/26/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car on Mother's Day weekend 2005. We have put almost 24,000 miles on it in less than a year. We love it and couldn't be happier. The car has performed beyond my expectations. My wife says it's a tad uncomfortable but I disagree. Our only complaint is trying to fit all our babies stuff into the trunk. If it is packed right it can be done though. This car looks good and drives great. For a car in this class it can't be beat.

Mazda 5 door 2.3L
By Dennis on 04/25/06 05:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 49,000 miles on mine and it has been terrific so far. Very fun to drive, the only glitch has been that the tire pressure warning light has been stuck "on" for some time although I have confirmed no tire pressure problems and actually gone to a new set of tires. Don't want to pay the dealer an arm and a leg just to make the light go out. Anyway, a great little car and I laugh at the guzzling SUVs when I accelerate by.

LOVE MY 3
By G-MAN on 04/13/06 14:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. Bought the lava orange with a five speed and have no complaints. Had a Jeep and just could not afford the fuel to drive it. I drive at least 60 miles a day to and from work. Been on a vacation to New Jersey with my fiance and our two friends with a baby; we live in Ohio.

Fun and Stylish
By DognPony on 04/07/06 06:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun compact that begs you to thrash it! Powerful (but thirsty) big 2.3L engine gets you there in a hurry ... great handling, and the looks of my 5 door turns a lot of heads. For $18,000 it's loaded with most of the goodies (everything but GPS and leather in mine). You really won't believe how much fun this car is!

Money Well Spent
By b.fox on 04/05/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Would I buy this car again - you betcha! Out performs the Protege ( which was my first Mazda purchase), excellent acceleration, everything on the dash is convenient, plenty of room.

'05 Mazda 3
By Lee on 03/29/06 08:18 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For a small car, the front seats have plenty of room for my 6'4" frame. Love the steering wheel audio controls, snazzy interior, and good stereo system. I added a mask on the front and graphics on the side and frequently get comments on its looks. I've put 26,000 miles on it in my first year of ownership and LOVE driving it. My 3 has the the 17" wheels and the handling is great. I love zoom zooming around curves.

fun
By cjb on 03/24/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive, peppy engine that loves to be pushed and comes alive at higher rpm`s. Gas mileage is so so with a heavy right foot even with a stick shift. If you live in a snow belt you better save $600 for a good set of snows as the Goodyear all season stink in winter driving. Cheap to insure.

Great Car
By DJ on 03/16/06 22:02 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Ordered an i model with auto transmission and loaded up with almost all the options and all the safety features (wanted the smaller 4 cylinder for maximum mileage). This has been a great car so far after one year and 17k miles. Very fun to drive and have had no problems at all. Were going to get either a Civic or Corolla, but after driving the 3 it was an easy decision. I have only one real complaint that others here have have also noted regarding intermittent and rather harsh upshifting when cold at low speeds, and sluggish downshifting at low speeds. Dealer said everything was fine (of course). I'm overall very happy with this car.

Love it, love it, love it!
By Bill on 03/08/06 04:22 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In 25 years of car owning, this is by far the most fun car I have ever owned. After nearly two years of ownership, I still cannot believe I paid well less than $20k for a car that drives like a sports car. Acceleration is great, it's comfortable and quiet on my daily 45-minute combined city and highway commute (on which I average 29 MPG). I would buy this car over again in a minute. Previous cars: Two Accords, a Golf, and Rabbit.

Nice little car!
By Ed on 03/01/06 19:09 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 5 months and 6,000 miles. The mileage keeps getting better as the engine gets broken in. Is now ~35 mpg (mostly highway) with the 2.0 and 4 speed auto, and still more than 30 with some city driving. I don't like the front seat and the console that cramps my right front leg (why do all these little cars have them if they're FWD?), but it's fun to drive with very good passing acceleration and the SMOOTHEST automatic transmission of any car I've ever been in. The oil filter is not really a problem since the dealer is very reasonable on the cost (~$10 over Wal-Mart) and does an inspection, too. Nice little car!