2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
ZoomZoom
By Scott on 10/11/05 22:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 05 Mazda3s 4 door and I love it. It's nice on the inside and out and fun to drive. I'm 18 and commute to college on Long Island. I get compliments on it all the time and with the JL audio speaker upgrade and the addition of subs and a 2000 watt amp really makes the difference. I have neon under the dash and in the side door panels with lambo doors. 15% tint all around really looks great on the silver. I got new 17" rims and put the stock tires back on because they were fine. For around $22K with $5K in add ons you can't beat it. I will have this car for a while.

I love this car
By mbd007m on 10/03/05 22:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have found this to be one of the best compact cars I've ever driven. Sometimes I forget this is a compact car. It has plenty of power for a 4 cylinder. There is plenty of head room for me (6'0') in the back. I rarely ride in the back though. The suspension is firm. I have found road noise to be a little distracting, but compared to the Nissan and the Honda I've driven it is about the same. Acceleration is excellent. The car gear ratio gives you plenty of torque. When I shift I rarely have to go over 3200 RPM. I have had no problems with this car.

Fun car
By Ed on 10/03/05 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car less then a month ago and enjoying the heck out of it. Not totally happy with gas mileage but I heard it gets better as the engine breaks in. Got it with auto transmission and it seems to shift well. I'm in my fifties but it's very comfortable even compared to my Volvo.

BEST car in class
By Sergio on 09/28/05 21:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Easily best car for the money (reliability to be seen). The car is very quick with excellent handling with 205/55R16 tires. I opted for the 2.0 for the mileage (28 MPG city driving on 1700 miles). Very nice and roomy interior. I will echo the complaints about the weak A/C, and the remote trunk opening, but they are not show stoppers. Seats are a little hard and the doors do not auto-lock when the car is started.

3i Sedan
By ECM56 on 09/21/05 17:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have about 1500 miles on my 3i sedan with manual transmission. Mileage is good - about 33 mpg around the suburbs. It's hard to not put your foot down (which is, of course, bad for mileage) - this car begs to be driven! First car I've had in years with enough leg room (I'm 6'2") - I don't even have to put the seat all the way back. Easy to set up a good driving position with the adjustable steering wheel. Transmission has a nice feel and short throw. I have found the A/C more than adequate for my area (Virginia). Big trunk and lots of little cubbies for storing stuff (huge glove box).

Mazda Sp 2.3
By culinarykid on 09/21/05 00:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Mazda3 SP 2.3. I have the navigation, Bose system, 18 inch rims and brown leather. I am telling you for the price of the car and the things you get, it's a awesome car. I can not tell you how many people roll the windows down on their car to tell me how sharp my car is. The color is great too. The color on the SP you can not get on any other Mazda car. That's what also makes it special. If I had to tell anyone who was looking into a new car I would totally tell them to look at the 3.

Can't be beat
By Chai Charin on 09/18/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

29 year old with 3 kids ages 6, 4, and 2. OK, my last car was a 2001 BMW 330I with the sport package that I leased for 3 years 12,000 miles per year. For more than half of the money I am still in disbelief how much I like this car. I got mine in Rally White, added sport pkg, moon roof, auto dimming/compass/outside temp mirror,rear wing spoiler, dealer installed black leather heated seats, anit lock brakes, after market 20% tint on side and rear, 17" stock sport wheels and tires, PIAA xtreme white headlights. This car handles and drives like a 330I BMW. The sport shifter is a blast although I wish it had 5 gears; it does the trick with 4. Everything is an A+ with 29 MPG with 4,500 miles

2005 3S
By bamark on 09/13/05 23:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 6 months now, and it is a very reliable, responsive and fun car to drive. The metallic red turns heads, the interior is well done, and gas mileage has averaged 27 combined with the 2.3 .

The Wife's Toy
By Chris' Review on 09/13/05 13:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this is a very good car. We had some issues early with the dealership and the rear spoiler (color). The car just went into the shop for a leak in the transmission. The dealership says there was a leak at the temperature sensor that was not mounted flush. This leak was discovered at 3,500 miles at a local mechanic -- not the dealer. The car does plow in corners when speed is applied. My wife loves the car and its "pep." The fuel economy is a little weaker than I thought it might be. It also might be our lead foot as well.

great everything
By lovethezoom on 09/10/05 19:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car for everyone. It's powerful, fast, comfortable, reliable, and looks absolutely great. I have a 2005 black Mazda 3s with 6 CD player, moonroof, spoiler, and ABS package. This car is amazing.