2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
The best small car under 20,000
By Joel D. on 07/28/05 12:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I chose the Mazda 3s 5-door hatchback for a number of reasons.It is practical and more dramatic-looking than the sedan. It's delightful to drive and pleasing to look at both inside and out.It has a commodious cargo hold. The most exciting thing about this cabin is the list of available options including navigation system, Xenon HID headlights side curtain airbags, and a tire- pessure monitoring system. Mazda 3 brings exciting features to the class of economy cars. On the road, the 3 has enough power to please an econo- excitement. The car handled twisted road with ease. It has a firm suspension. The seats are supportive, and with telescoping/tilt wheel, it's easy find a driving position.

Love My 3
By Danny on 07/23/05 22:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up my Winning Blue 3 and I love it. I got it with The automatic tranny, Moonroof, 6 cd stereo, and the ABS-Airbag package.I paid 18,600 and thought it was a good deal. This car is loaded with standard extras that I couldn't get in other cars I looked at like the Vibe, Matrix, Corolla, and Civic. The tranny shifts sooooo smooth when it is in drive or if you use the manual shift that I have to look at the dash to see what gear I'm in. Before I bought this car I did two months of research on this and the other cars I listed plus a few others and for the money, this is the car to have. Good pickup, Smooth tranny, Head-turning looks, great handling make this the car to have.

Great deal for a great car
By t. p. on 07/20/05 16:27 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My first new car purchase. I've had this car for 3 weeks now and it is great. I enjoy driving it everyday (plus you don't feel so bad b/c it gets very good gas mileage). Mine has ABS/sideairbags, moonroof, 6 disk, tpms, 5 spd, xenon,step plates, wheel moldings and diffuserplate. I would suggest finding one with ABS/airbags b/c tests show poor side impact ratings w/o sideairbags. ABS brakes feel great stopping the car. Step plates are good cheap option for protecting rear bumper. I would not suggest buying arch moldings or diffuser since they are non- functional. Ride is firm which I like. I highly recommend this vehicle. Get the stick if you can; manumatic will not allow downshifting as i wish

Great Value and Performance
By Lance on 07/10/05 11:31 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned more cars than I care to say, but I must say that this little wagon is great. I still can't get over the look of the thing, and the performance is better than most in it's class with exception of the WRX. The fit and finnish is way above the norm compaired to the Hondas and Toyotas that we considered.

Far Out
By Brian on 07/06/05 22:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is amazing! For the money, you can't go wrong. It feels, looks, and handles like a car worth much more money. On the test drive I caught myself grinning like a little kid and I'm almost 59! My wife likes it two and we are having a ball! Go for it!

Continually amazed by great performance
By DARIN on 07/06/05 14:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car can be summed up in one word - tight. It is one well built car, and I knew this the minute I shut the door after the first test-drive. It drives circles around the Civic. The interior is roomy, and all the gauges are fun to look at. This car is the Swiss Army knife of cars, it can do so many things. Coming from a VW, this car is light years ahead of VW in performance, and reliability. Just in case, Mazda includes a 5 year, 50,000 warranty. The engine just purrs. I have a manual, and is it so fun and easy to shift. If you are looking for reliability, great looks, and some power to haul the family around with, the M3 is it.

Car Washing Is Fun Again!
By Sh0kker on 07/05/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When the car was introduced in 04, I knew I'd own one. I waited for any "beginner" bugs to be worked out & bought the GREAT reviewed 05 model. To date, I have no complaints. The style, the power & the extras can't be compared with any other car in the $20k range. I also looked at the Civic, Corolla, Focus, Matrix & Jetta. It may get beat in gas milage, but the other cars are boring & plain. Besides, I see a few dozen of those other cars on the road everyday. This car is a head- turner. I go hiking, The Sport AT transmission is great for climbing the big hills & it makes it FUN. Lots of cargo room. The exterior/interior styling is great. Lots of room for my sports stuff & the kids stuff!

Great Buy
By red69viper on 07/05/05 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For anyone considering a vehicle around 20 grand this is the car for you. Plenty of Zoom Zoom with reliability and, with the hatchback, plenty of storage space. Love this car.

Great car for everyday...almost perfect
By QuickTurn on 07/05/05 03:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall, this car feels much more expensive than it is. It offers driving excitement in every run. With a manual transmission, the power delivery is sufficient for everyday drive. It really shines in corning ability. By braking early, you could really accelerate through the turn quickly without a hint of loss of grip. It also rides very well on various road surfaces although it's on the firm side. Mazda did a great job tuning this car. One more thing to mention is the quality of the dealer work. After installing accessory or repair work, I couldn't tell any sign of R&R even by careful examine of the relevant areas. The same cannot be said to Toyota or VW, at least to my experience.

Excellent vehicle
By Ed Weissman on 06/30/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Not only is this car a head-turner, it's the most fun to drive vehicle I've ever owned. Combine this with decent gas mileage (yes, there are economy cars with better mileage, but but they also have less low end torque). The auto trans is extremely smooth, the handling tight without being 'go-kartish', the suspension taut but still comfortable enough for highway driving.