2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Will buy the same car if I need one
By crazyjerry on 06/20/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I constantly pay attention to better cars. Mazda 3 hatchback is still the ONE in this price range, best overall value for an upscale economy car. I have the strip version of hatchback with the exception of rearview mirror and mp3 player. I did not drive it hard (except break-in period), but rather lively most of the time. And this car definitely lived up to every occasion with zoom zoom, never missing a beat. It averaged 30 mpg in cold weather and 32 in warm weather, with about 70% of freeway driving, in its first 16k miles.

no regrets
By John on 06/14/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great small sedan for the price. The mix of features, price, build quality and driving mannerisms far outpace anything else that's available in this class of automobile.

ZOOM-ZOOM
By JUICE88 on 06/07/06 12:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the car for ten months, so far a pleasant experience. Great value for the money. Definitely a set of snow tires in the winter solves any traction problems.This car is fun to drive.

A car I can appreciate every time
By crazyjerry on 05/30/06 18:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After owning the car for a year, the only car I wish to have instead is the newer 2006 Mazda 3 which added a trip computer. By all mean, this is a car I would otherwise pay additional $5k for, of course with a few more bells and whistles. But the basic feeling and driving is all there to it. This car is not just one step ahead but way better than any other new compact car in this price range. I stick with the basic features for the best value. Skip the ABS...this car stops well in the rain. Choose manual tranny and you won't be disappointed with the performance and gas mileage.

Buying another
By Matt on 05/20/06 13:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought as third car because of experiences with 8 Mazdas owned over the years. Our other cars are a Porsche Boxster and a Honda Pilot. Car was such a blast to drive it accumulated more miles than the Porsche. On May 2, 2006 the car was destroyed by an aggressive driving 18 wheeler who ran over 2 pickup trucks and then me. The speed differential was estimated at 40 mph when the truck hit our Mazda. Structure of the car did exactly what it was supposed to do and collapsed, absorbing the blow. After the crash the front doors still opened & closed perfectly. Even with most of the rear crushed the tow operator was able to drive the car on to the rollback.

Love the look
By Pamela on 05/19/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was captivated by the exterior of the Mazda3 hatch. I had been to Europe before purchasing the car and I liked the the look of many cars there. The Mazda3 looked almost European. The power windows and keyless entry float my boat. I'm not used to luxury. The disappointing 24 mpg city surprised me. My very old Toyota Corolla did better than that. The suspension is a letdown. When taking turns I don't feel the tightness of a former Honda Accord. It's very similar to the Corolla. The price at $18,300 is reasonable. "Winning Blue" is an eye popper.

fabulous car
By bekah on 05/19/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. So cute, so much fun. I feel like I am in a hatchback sportscar. LOVE IT. Would recommend Mazda to anyone.

Mazda 3s hatchback hard to beat
By Bob Lenburg on 05/15/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The handling is terrific, fun to drive, gets reasonable mileage even with the 2.3 s model, very comfortable and the interior space and quality exceeded my expectations. The larger brakes on the s model stop the car in such short distances that I have to re-adjust my following distance when driving my other vehicle. For the money, this car is a well kept secret. I had a 2001 Miata which was great fun to drive, but had inherent safety issues of a convertible. The Mazda 3s is nearly as much fun to drive (actually, accelerates quicker) and can be driven year-round. If BMW made this exact car their new entry level vehicle they could not make enough of them at $27K price.

Great Value
By jc on 05/08/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car drives and looks like way more than what I paid for it. It is also so much nicer than those in its class.

A great car
By Dan on 04/30/06 14:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I Love my car. I got the s with the sport package which is worth the money. The car handles like a dream and is soooo fun to drive. Although I love my car I have a few complaints. For one the carpet is cheap and slips out from corners. Another problem is that there is little protection for the interior and it scratches easily. But it's little things like this that you have to expect from economy cars. Though the minor set backs I would still choose this car over any other in its class