Used 2005 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mazda Mazda3

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:

Find a better car for the money buy it!!
By Sam

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Odometer just turned 61k. Has not been to the garage for anything. Stay below 70 MPH in the highway and you'll get 30+ MPG. Aside from the "cheapy" wiper blade used and easily worn seat upholstery, the car is still in perfect shape or showroom quality. It is fun to drive an a windy and twisty roads. It also goes 110 MPH+, just do it safely. I do my own maintenance and been using hi-grade synthetic oil and K&N air filter. If you can find a better car value than Mazda 3, buy it.. it will be hard to find one. PS, check your battery water periodically. Enjoy!

Favorite Features

Styling, telescopic/tilt/steering wheel mounted controls. Responsive steering feel.

Suggested Improvements

Cabin sound insulation, more powerful AC and fan, 18" panoramic rear view mirror, after market is $18.; make it standard, will eliminate the "blind" spot on hatchback models.

I love my Mazda!
By Kec5142

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had a single problem with this car. It runs like a champ and looks great. I have kept my car in excellent condition and I keep up with routine maintenece so it runs like it does. I love this car.

Favorite Features

The paint job on the 05 Mazdas are unlike anything I've seen before. The matallic flake is amazing in the sun. The new ones just don't have that. It's quite a shame.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish that Mazda would have made an iPod (aux) hookup and variable windshield wiper speeds standard in 2005. The FM transmitter is a bit hard to use with the static. The windshield wipers have 3 speeds. there needs to be an adjustable control between too slow and too fast.

Uber wagon with a few quirks
By uber wagon

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I love the hatch. I think that the sedan looks better but when you can put a fully assembled grill in the back it brings a smile to my face especially in an economy compact. Engine sound is buzzy, sound system is horrible and 4 speed transmission is is joke. At 80 MPH the engine revs at 3600 and this kills the fuel economy. I am used to a BMW 335i and Acura TL so my expectations are high.

Favorite Features

Looks and drive, utility, cheap, good seats with cool leather stitching, 6 cd changer, grippy handling.

Suggested Improvements

Add TCS and DSC, horrible transmission, better gas mileage (average 25 MPG 1/2 highway) steering is a bit light. Make it possible to change oil. Ditch the canister filter!

I Love This 3
By LA DRIVER

2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car back in 2005 when her Honda went out. Almost 3 years later I still love it. At about 300 miles per tank city/hwy driving can't complain. I just love the performance for such a compact car, leather seats, GPS, 6 disc CD, 5 speed man., when sitting inside it reminds me of my BMW at half the cost. Great power and lots of trunk space esp when rear seats are folded down. The 3 is truly a car in it's own, with aftermarket performance tires it handles as well as my BMW and is great to drive through corners and the straights. Over all this is a great car to drive in the city as well as the hwy. avg. of about 32 mpg hwy we make it from LA to San Jose in 1 tank. LOVE my 3.

Favorite Features

Handling, leather seats, sun roof, GPS, audio, looks, lines, features, HID lights

Suggested Improvements

6 gear for better mileage on hwys. other from that, perfect car in my eyes.

Awesome!
By Kristina

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved this car! It is fun to drive, pulls uturns on a dime and is so comfortable that 3 people for 15 hours in the car was no problem. I am so happy with this purchase!