Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 306 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Has everything for little money
By zoomer

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car had everything I was looking for: wonderful manual transmission that is extremely fun to drive, enough oomph, horsepower, great gas mileage, cool looks, plenty of space for the family of four, great value for the dollar. I still love it.

Manual transmission

Side airbags as standard equipment

Friday afternoon car
By Allen G

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new. Looked great, sporty, fun to drive, typical great Mazda clutch. However, I feel my car was built on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon, I had nothing but problems with it in the year & a half I owned it. Pieces of trim falling off, just about every sensor/idiot light would come, check engine, air bag, etc. needing a trip to the dealership. One time it would not start and had to be towed to the dealership, luckily it was in my driveway at the time. I was very fortunate that the dealership/Mazda had a loaner car program, which I needed on several occasions, otherwise those expenses would have added up, but I still had to take time off for drop off/pickup.

Sporty look, cool dash, shifter/clutch

Everyone else seems to be very lucky and happy with Mazda, guess it was just me. I've been burned by a Mazda vehicle before, but figured since I bought that one used, I was getting someone else's problems. I bought this Mazda-3 brand new and still had issues. I'll never go back to Mazda.

Fun, Hot, Reliable, Good buy!
By mazdaisgreat

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car to death. It's such a great buy for what what you get. It's stylish and fun to drive. I've never had one problem with it. The only complaints are that the trunk doesn't open with the remote. The AC/heater is a little weak too. But I live in San Diego so this is not really a big problem for me.

Style, smoothness, feel, center control consoles, seats, seats go down.

Button on remote for trunk. Stronger AC/heater.

Find a better car for the money buy it!!
By Sam

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Odometer just turned 61k. Has not been to the garage for anything. Stay below 70 MPH in the highway and you'll get 30+ MPG. Aside from the "cheapy" wiper blade used and easily worn seat upholstery, the car is still in perfect shape or showroom quality. It is fun to drive an a windy and twisty roads. It also goes 110 MPH+, just do it safely. I do my own maintenance and been using hi-grade synthetic oil and K&N air filter. If you can find a better car value than Mazda 3, buy it.. it will be hard to find one. PS, check your battery water periodically. Enjoy!

Styling, telescopic/tilt/steering wheel mounted controls. Responsive steering feel.

Cabin sound insulation, more powerful AC and fan, 18" panoramic rear view mirror, after market is $18.; make it standard, will eliminate the "blind" spot on hatchback models.

I love my Mazda!
By Kec5142

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had a single problem with this car. It runs like a champ and looks great. I have kept my car in excellent condition and I keep up with routine maintenece so it runs like it does. I love this car.

The paint job on the 05 Mazdas are unlike anything I've seen before. The matallic flake is amazing in the sun. The new ones just don't have that. It's quite a shame.

I just wish that Mazda would have made an iPod (aux) hookup and variable windshield wiper speeds standard in 2005. The FM transmitter is a bit hard to use with the static. The windshield wipers have 3 speeds. there needs to be an adjustable control between too slow and too fast.