2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
I LOVE my M3
By m3sguy on 01/03/06 10:47 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It's Zoom Zoom Zoom to the fullest! Fantastic Car and so much fun to drive. If you can, get the S edition (Grand Touring for the '06 models). The 4 door S sedan in Rally White is what I have with all 4 packages. The leather in the Mazda 3 smells so so good! :-)

1 year Review for my 2005 Mazda3i
By winstonisaac on 12/23/05 00:10 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car is quick for a compact sedan. Way more rear legroom than competitors and although some parts are shared between this and the Ford Focus, the Mazda interior styling outshines Corolla, Civic, Focus, Cobalt, but not Jetta. One major reason I decided on a 3 was because of engine performance. It seemed to out perform its competitors in HP at 148. One thing I've noticed about driving and do like is the quick acceleration at higher speeds (60+mph); this car really feels somewhat like a 6 cylinder at these speeds. The low speed acceleration doesn't seem that great. Everyone I know loves the interior, but here is where my complaints lie. The microfiber seats build static on your clothes and the glove compartment squeaks.

so-so for the 3
By Sillycat on 12/21/05 17:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I thought the 3 was an awesome car, very cute and sporty, but at 3559 miles, it needed a new engine, due to spinning a bearing. Very disappointing! The dealership was not that great at helping me through the situation. I am looking at selling it, because I can no longer trust it.

Mazda 3s 2.3 AT
By Paul Davis on 12/07/05 12:49 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way the vehicle drives for a 4 cycle. Handling is great. The build quality of the vehicle is top notch.

ma review
By Kimmerz on 11/29/05 15:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car! You will surely enjoy this vehicle but there are some drawbacks; for one you can't really pack the trunk full of things because this car can bottom out but there might just be damage that the dealership can't see that it underneath the chassis. But overall a good car.

Best in Class 3i automatic
By Steve Cypher on 11/08/05 16:30 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

55 year old. My last car was a Focus ZX3 5-speed. The quality and attention to detail is incredible. Mine is Rally White with the moon roof, ABS, sport pkg and all the air bags. The car handles much better than the Focus and has the aggressive look of a BMW. Fit and finish is world class and the materials in the interior are light years ahead of any of the products offered by the big 3. I looked at the new Civic and really disliked the new dash layout and that was the only other vehicle that I considered.

Feels Great!
By A. Brenneman on 11/06/05 23:39 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every time I drive this car it makes me smile. The car handles extremely well, has good power and looks great inside and out. Have taken one 2000 mile trip and am very pleased. The seats were comfortable and had good support. The trip felt much shorter than it actually was. Mazda has done a wonderful job creating an an affordable car that feels anything but.

I love my Mazda
By kcerin on 11/01/05 15:36 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fabulous car. Everything about it screams fun. Great, sporty handling, interior looks great. People always mistake it for a luxury car. Wouldn't trade it for anything!

FUN CAR!!
By Mike C. on 10/29/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought an "i" model for an outside sales job 3 months ago and have over 10k on it already. This car has had no problems at all. Interior, stereo, handling and exterior are all better than I had in my '01 Civic. It really carves up the road if you push it. At many speeds it will not downshift without use of the manumatic and that gets a little frustrating, it has very little torque. Produces a lot of brake dust but only on the rear wheels. I am very disappointed in the gas mileage. 90% of my driving is highway and I get between 28-29 miles per gallon. My Civic alway got over 36. If you want the feel of a Bimmer on the cheap, this is the car for you!

My favorite car
By Seva Popov on 10/27/05 04:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was shopping among more expensive cars like Acura TSX and Subaru Legacy when my attention was captured by the Mazda3. Immediately I liked the Mazda3 looks from the outside and the contemporary design inside the Mazda3 cabin. I did a test drive of Mazda3 and fell in love with it. I've been enjoying it for three months now. Mazda3 is a very fun to drive. I am very happy with my decision to buy it.