Used 2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Love the look
By Pamela

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was captivated by the exterior of the Mazda3 hatch. I had been to Europe before purchasing the car and I liked the the look of many cars there. The Mazda3 looked almost European. The power windows and keyless entry float my boat. I'm not used to luxury. The disappointing 24 mpg city surprised me. My very old Toyota Corolla did better than that. The suspension is a letdown. When taking turns I don't feel the tightness of a former Honda Accord. It's very similar to the Corolla. The price at $18,300 is reasonable. "Winning Blue" is an eye popper.

Changing radio stations and playing CDs from the steering wheel. Great pick-up. Several ideal storage locations for the driver.

Front grill is very low. You'll be scraping the plastic lip pretty soon.

fabulous car
By bekah

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. So cute, so much fun. I feel like I am in a hatchback sportscar. LOVE IT. Would recommend Mazda to anyone.

Moonroof, telescopic gauges, 6 disk changer.

Better gas mileage.

Mazda 3s hatchback hard to beat
By Bob Lenburg

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The handling is terrific, fun to drive, gets reasonable mileage even with the 2.3 s model, very comfortable and the interior space and quality exceeded my expectations. The larger brakes on the s model stop the car in such short distances that I have to re-adjust my following distance when driving my other vehicle. For the money, this car is a well kept secret. I had a 2001 Miata which was great fun to drive, but had inherent safety issues of a convertible. The Mazda 3s is nearly as much fun to drive (actually, accelerates quicker) and can be driven year-round. If BMW made this exact car their new entry level vehicle they could not make enough of them at $27K price.

Handling, acceleration, overall quality, modest price, just a hoot to drive. Features worth reading the manual about - for example, you can use the radio buttons to test the signal strength of each radio station. Found that I could replace the long antennae with a 'nubby', improve reception/looks.

Heated seats available with fabric interior cloth would be appreciated, an option for something other than the originals is a must if you live in snow country. I had planned on replacing the original tires with winter rims/Blizzak tires so the cost was not a surprise to me. Original tires ok.

Mazda 5 door 2.3L
By Dennis

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 49,000 miles on mine and it has been terrific so far. Very fun to drive, the only glitch has been that the tire pressure warning light has been stuck "on" for some time although I have confirmed no tire pressure problems and actually gone to a new set of tires. Don't want to pay the dealer an arm and a leg just to make the light go out. Anyway, a great little car and I laugh at the guzzling SUVs when I accelerate by.

Exterior. cornering. peppy engine.

Better road shock damping.

LOVE MY 3
By G-MAN

2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love this car. Bought the lava orange with a five speed and have no complaints. Had a Jeep and just could not afford the fuel to drive it. I drive at least 60 miles a day to and from work. Been on a vacation to New Jersey with my fiance and our two friends with a baby; we live in Ohio.

Six disc in dash cd changer, HUGE glove box, dual storage in armrest.

Carpet is not the best and the a/c could stand to be colder.