2005 Mazda Mazda3 Consumer Reviews 4

2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Find a better car for the money buy it!!
By Sam on 07/14/08 14:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Odometer just turned 61k. Has not been to the garage for anything. Stay below 70 MPH in the highway and you'll get 30+ MPG. Aside from the "cheapy" wiper blade used and easily worn seat upholstery, the car is still in perfect shape or showroom quality. It is fun to drive an a windy and twisty roads. It also goes 110 MPH+, just do it safely. I do my own maintenance and been using hi-grade synthetic oil and K&N air filter. If you can find a better car value than Mazda 3, buy it.. it will be hard to find one. PS, check your battery water periodically. Enjoy!

I love my Mazda!
By Kec5142 on 06/20/08 17:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I haven't had a single problem with this car. It runs like a champ and looks great. I have kept my car in excellent condition and I keep up with routine maintenece so it runs like it does. I love this car.

Uber wagon with a few quirks
By uber wagon on 06/14/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I love the hatch. I think that the sedan looks better but when you can put a fully assembled grill in the back it brings a smile to my face especially in an economy compact. Engine sound is buzzy, sound system is horrible and 4 speed transmission is is joke. At 80 MPH the engine revs at 3600 and this kills the fuel economy. I am used to a BMW 335i and Acura TL so my expectations are high.

I Love This 3
By LA DRIVER on 06/12/08 12:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought this car back in 2005 when her Honda went out. Almost 3 years later I still love it. At about 300 miles per tank city/hwy driving can't complain. I just love the performance for such a compact car, leather seats, GPS, 6 disc CD, 5 speed man., when sitting inside it reminds me of my BMW at half the cost. Great power and lots of trunk space esp when rear seats are folded down. The 3 is truly a car in it's own, with aftermarket performance tires it handles as well as my BMW and is great to drive through corners and the straights. Over all this is a great car to drive in the city as well as the hwy. avg. of about 32 mpg hwy we make it from LA to San Jose in 1 tank. LOVE my 3.

Awesome!
By Kristina on 06/10/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have absolutely loved this car! It is fun to drive, pulls uturns on a dime and is so comfortable that 3 people for 15 hours in the car was no problem. I am so happy with this purchase!

Take It From Me
By TRO on 06/07/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have been an auto detailer for years, and just started college in Oregon. I needed a reliable car with good gas mileage to drive from Washington. This car is everything and more. I have the 2.3 Mazda 3 Hatch S. On average, now this is average about 28 miles per gallon. On highway only I have averaged about 36. I know it's insane. Driving on the highway the noise is actually very quiet. This car has tons of room and very spacious. The manual transmission is very smooth along with the steering. Easy to use controls on the steering wheel. I would recommend this car to ANYONE. I have driven hundreds of other cars through my auto detailing, and nothing compares to a Mazda. Nothing.

After 4 SUVs I fell in love
By Kristen on 06/04/08 22:55 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have previously owned 4 SUVs (2 Fords and 2 Jeeps), so I was more than a little hesitant to exchange my 4x4s for a compact sedan. That is until I drove the Mazda3. I drive 50+ miles to school and back 5 days a week, and this car makes the commute fun. I love on-ramps and passing. The car has so much zip. I love, love, love the fuel economy! I record my average for every tank, and it's always been around 35mpg (33-36). The driver's seat offers great visability-something that I was afraid of missing after driving SUVs. Regular oil changes, and you are good to go! I get complements on my car all of the time. I couldn't be happier with my Mazda! Civic beware!

My first car
By MikeS. on 05/28/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Mazda3 hatchback about one month ago, and so far this car has been amazing. I have not yet tried it on the highway so I can't comment on the MPG there, however the MPG I am averaging in the city is about 19-20. This car is easy to wash, fun to drive, and has tons of get-up-and-go. I would have given it a 10.0 rating had it not been for the false advertising of the MPG city. There is a ton of room in the back, in fact just the other day I fit my entire drum set packed up in boxes in the back of this car.

Awesome car
By me on 05/22/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is just a terrific car. Reliability has been very good except for shocks and battery been replaced at 24k (Puerto Rico roads are awful), otherwise excellent. Power is impressive for a 4 cyl engine, and ride comfort is acceptable despite having 17's on 50 series tires. Handling is awesome, it just sticks like glue. In the end, the best compact you can buy today

Great value
By Great from A to B on 03/03/08 09:13 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first car that I have owned and I bought it new in 2006. I loved this car for all seasons but winter. This car is horrible in the snow! The handling is great if the roads are not wet. The car is overly noisy going over puddles and water. I have no other complaints about this car besides driving it in snow/ice.