Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Work of Beauty!
By Victor

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is just a fun drive. It doesn't just get you from point A to point B, it makes you want to go to point B. while some might see that as a problem, i think the worst part about this car is that you just want to keep driving. A lot of the reviews you read online say that they don't like the engine noise when your accelerating. But i see this as a plus, since it only gets loud when your trying to go fast. The Mazda3 makes 120mph feel like 40 and handles like it to. Great car great buy, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Handling, Comfort, Design, Color

Suggested Improvements

Antenna maybe to long

A Sad Day
By Mike C

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd review here for this car and my last. I just traded it in last week with 184,000 miles. I couldn't have asked any more of this gem. Here is my list of maintenance and repairs over the last 4 years: 47 oil changes, 2 sets of spark plugs, 4 air filters, 2 sets of rubber, 1 radiator flush, 1 transmission flush, 1 set of brake pads, 2 head lights bulbs and 1 battery. All but the transmission flush was done myself. Unexpected repairs: Zero

Favorite Features

The suspension and steering makes you feel like you're driving a 3 series Bimmer. Great stereo (for a Japanese car), cool looking interior, flawless engine/trans, good mileage,

Suggested Improvements

The carpet is cheap and wore out completely in a couple places. Satellite radio kit was a way too expensive option (I bought my own and installed myself). The rear wheels started to toe outward wearing out the rear tires prematurely and there is NO camber adjustment to perform and alignment.

Stay Away
By AngryMazxa

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a 1 year old hatch with 24,000 miles, with 50,000 now, I have had to replace the engine and transmission linkage. I had an Explorer with less problems and that is saying something. Buyer beware of this one.

All in the details
By Ben MazdaSP

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Mazda SP after spending months researching and test driving sport sedans from EVERY other manufacturer. I was very meticulous and demanding. I then knew exactly what I wanted: a charcoal Mazda3 S manual. It took me weeks to find and was floored when I did. Great car! Transmission is superior to all others that I drove. The interior is designed very well; you can tell a great deal of thought went into every detail on this car. This car feels as though it should be 2-3 times more expensive than it is. I don't ever feel that I have to drive somewhere, I GET to drive somewhere! I've had it for awhile and still love it.It's done great both in the hot summer and on snowy mountain passes.

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission, engine power (Great engine behind it, I squealed the tires for weeks at first off every green light bc I wasn't used to the power), Bose stereo, leather seats, seat warmers, trunk/glove box space, stereo layout/head unit with LEDs, steering wheel position/adjustment

Suggested Improvements

Only one aesthetic: make rear bumper shorter (I think it is on later models)

Great little car
By skyrkt

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the very stripped down and base 3 sedan, that means I don't have A/C or any options. Even without A/C and things like that this car is still amazing. No problems with the car since I bought it new. I love the manual transmission, and the build quality of this car. I love my 3 and my next car will be another Mazda.

Favorite Features

Manual Transmission

Suggested Improvements

A/C Standard?