2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
3 years of cross country driving
By ellenmagellen on 06/08/09 18:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Where should I begin? I think I've truly put my 2005 mazda3 hatchback to the test. I'm now 24 and I've put exactly 50,000 miles on my hatchie since 1-2006 packing up my life and somehow managing to get every box, bag and loose item into the back all 9 times; yes, I've lived a crazy past 3.5 years and yes I don't own any furniture hah and yes, this car is magical! I can't complain a second about my Mazda so far, have had no problems. I've kept up on my oil changes, got new tires last summer, and here I will now mention that I've put my hatchie through 3 brutal Michigan and Minnesota winters and the baby is still as good as new. I recommend the heck out of this car!

Awesome Ride!!
By Myran22 on 05/12/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car!! I have not had any problems with it! I bought it used in 2008 I own the 2005 Mazda3 S. I have had it for a little over a year its almost at 49,000 miles. I have a friend who owns an older Mazda626 which has been an awesome car for them which was one of the reasons I actually considered buying it. I had originally wanted to buy a honda accord but I have actually been happier with my Mazda than I think I would have been with the Honda. It was cheaper but I definitely don't believe its cheap quality. Ford makes Mazda and Ford's are usually pretty dependable however this car is like no Ford that I've ever driven.

After the 1st one I did it again!
By oscart on 04/12/09 19:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After we picked up my wifes mazda 3 2007 grand t. I had to have one too. I loved my nissan z but for the price this car is a sleeper in the USA. the 3 lets you feel the road and it likes to be pushed.

my wifes other man
By KING OF NY IN VEGAS on 02/11/09 00:16 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I purchased our metalic red 3 new .Granted her commute to work is 7 miles round trip , this car has performed flawlessly.no squeaks or weird noises at all.All I've ever done to it was change the oil and rotate the tires .Thats's all it ever needed. Maintenance is very inexpensive. It's a little cramped for me at 6'4 305 lbs butit drives very well . It's quiet but very sporty. The handling in off the chain!The tranny has been reliable but needs another gear,the engine needs another 20-30 hp. MY wife picked it over the coblt because of it's cheezy interior,it has better styling cues than the civic which to her is a me too car.I highly recommend this car to anyone, its that good.

Zoom Zoom, indeed!
By Michigan_guy on 12/11/08 05:24 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned an '89 Toyota Tercel, an '02 Chevy Prism and now the Mazda. Love. It. It's got a lot longer gear ratio than most 4-cylinder cars and at highway speeds can very capably accelerate past everyone else who's not having as much fun in their car. The interior has an excellent design, the exterior looks fluid and lean and all of the mechanics seem above average on dependability and ergonomics. I might never buy a different car.

Great Car!
By bfong on 09/03/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Adequate power for 2.3 liter, regular gas a plus. I get 25 mpg 60/40 city - on long trips I get 31 mpg hwy. Front seats are very good once all the adjustments are made. Stock Goodyears are worn out at 33k miles. I'll replace them with Yokohamas s-drive. Excellent steering feel. Mazda3 handles on rails. Get abs brakes, great feel but not the ultimate stopping power. Audio and cruise control on steering wheel. I added a louder horn for better sound. Slight vibration with 4A tranny at idle-still shifts good. Air conditioner kicks out sometimes-a quick flip of the fan speed switch turns it back on. Remote alarm ONLY beeps on lockup. It's quiet when you unlock it. nice.

3 year 60000 mile test drive
By mzdvr on 08/22/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving this car for 3 yrs now and still think it's the best car under $25,000. I haven't had any mechanical problems. Had a brake job at 50,000 and new tires. I live in the city and get a combined 27 mpg. I have a gas gauge which commonly reports mpg in the middle to upper 30s on the highway. There is minimal wear on the car after 60k such as a small area of the stitching on the leather seat has come out, a few exterior issues due to things happening to it.

Has everything for little money
By zoomer on 08/01/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car had everything I was looking for: wonderful manual transmission that is extremely fun to drive, enough oomph, horsepower, great gas mileage, cool looks, plenty of space for the family of four, great value for the dollar. I still love it.

Friday afternoon car
By Allen G on 07/15/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new. Looked great, sporty, fun to drive, typical great Mazda clutch. However, I feel my car was built on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon, I had nothing but problems with it in the year & a half I owned it. Pieces of trim falling off, just about every sensor/idiot light would come, check engine, air bag, etc. needing a trip to the dealership. One time it would not start and had to be towed to the dealership, luckily it was in my driveway at the time. I was very fortunate that the dealership/Mazda had a loaner car program, which I needed on several occasions, otherwise those expenses would have added up, but I still had to take time off for drop off/pickup.

Fun, Hot, Reliable, Good buy!
By mazdaisgreat on 07/15/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car to death. It's such a great buy for what what you get. It's stylish and fun to drive. I've never had one problem with it. The only complaints are that the trunk doesn't open with the remote. The AC/heater is a little weak too. But I live in San Diego so this is not really a big problem for me.