Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

BEST BUY FOR YOUR MONEY
By ROBERT

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Drives great, this 2.3 engine is fast with the 5 speed. Nice looking for a 5 door. Close ratio gears makes it easy to shift.

Blue and red gauges look nice at night. The dash board has a nice design.

Seats are too firm. Seats are cloth, and seem to attract lint particles. I will get seats leathered in near future.

Mazda3 rules
By yoda

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I want to say that I love this car. I bought mine with a special package. I see that I'm the only Mazda3 out there that has Injen Intake system in it and dual chrome exhaust pipes. I still love this machine no matter what. For the review, it handles very well. Far better than my old car. Boxy. I love the space it has in front for the driver and passenger. I love how they made the Mazda3 with the controls for the radio and CD player on the steering wheel with the cruise control as well. I also like that this Mazda3 has more than 2 cup holders. More storage space. The most comfortable seats ever.

6 CD changer, controls on the steering wheel, more than 2 cup holders, more storage space, comfortable seats, the sound of my car. Last but not least the moon roof.

Great commuter car, Good for tall people
By twozeroone

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2005 Hatchback Automatic 2.3S. Great little car. Fun as can be to drive alone on long windy roads with lots of tight turns. Very good handling, similar to BMW. Built extremely well with many stock features. I am about 6'3" tall and had a tough time finding a car I was comfortable in which was good on gas. I drove the 5 speed and was a little tight due to the clutch, but the automatic has a perfect spot where the clutch would be that is empty and I can extend my legs all the way to the fire wall. Great car for tall people like me. The seats hold you in position good on fast turns.

The handling and suspension. I like the interior design. The headlights have great range even with out the HID model lights. Did I mention the handling? I am a car enthusiast and this car is GREAT to throw around on a 65 MPH exit off the highway.

T O R Q U E ! Please give this car more low end torque. The 2006 model is coming with a 5 speed automatic transmission which will help with the gearing ratios and will provide more pickup. But low end torque is lacking severely. However, If you use the tip-tronic transmission on the auto it helps quite a bit.

Awesome!
By Ali

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this car for a month but I ABSOLUTELY love it. It's wonderful and gas is great. I'm so happy with my purchase!

The trunk and the back design. It's just so cute!

Remote control to be able to open the trunk.

The best small car under 20,000
By Joel D.

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I chose the Mazda 3s 5-door hatchback for a number of reasons.It is practical and more dramatic-looking than the sedan. It's delightful to drive and pleasing to look at both inside and out.It has a commodious cargo hold. The most exciting thing about this cabin is the list of available options including navigation system, Xenon HID headlights side curtain airbags, and a tire- pessure monitoring system. Mazda 3 brings exciting features to the class of economy cars. On the road, the 3 has enough power to please an econo- excitement. The car handled twisted road with ease. It has a firm suspension. The seats are supportive, and with telescoping/tilt wheel, it's easy find a driving position.

My favorite features are all the standard equipment too numerous to list. But the options that are available that I chose includes, side curtain airbags, 6-disc in-dash CD changer,moonroof,tire-pressure monitoring system,autodim mirror,Xenon HID,and DVD Navigation GPS.

The only drawback is not enough power. The 160-horsepower 2.3 liter, 4 is adequate, but with fun-to-drive character and real personality, it deserves a littlew more power. Perhaps bump it to 200 as an option, of course. Also, consider replacing the 5 speed for a 6-speed manual transmission.