Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Bang for the Buck - Knock on Wood
By Master D

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Okay fellas ... It would be a wise investment for the safety of all to purchase a set of winter rims and tires as most of us above the 49th parallel understand that there are different compounds and characteristics of rubber that suit different temperatures and environments. The M3 has great curb appeal, well laid out interior - with excellent visibility ( the rear head rests can be removed easily and replaced as needed), excellent fuel mileage when driven decently, excellent handling and acceleration for highway passing. Overall one of the best improvements by a manufacturer in the economy/4cyl class - hope it holds true to my experiences so far ... knock on wood!

cockpit,exterior,rear hatch versatility,automated lights/wipers,smooth shifter,agility,dealership expertise

improve to a lifetime warranty on all parts - including wear items! seriously might look at shedding a few pounds without compromising all the fantastic safety features.

Two months into my adventure
By doug

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My only complaint is that the car seems to hesitate when you applied pressure to the gas....and this is the 2.3

The front headrests restrict the view.

Very cool car!
By Justin

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a new buyer of Mazda cars and so far, I am impressed. Everything about this car works for me. The look on the outside as well as all the standard features are awesome! I have a 3i sedan with the standard trans. and the power out of the 2.0 4cyl is more than enough for comuting.

I like all the standard equipment on the interior like the controls on the steering wheel and the CD player. I also like the size of the trunk and glove box. More rom in the trunk than the Honda I had before by far.

The sound system is OK.....could use some refinment...seems like the bass isn't very good. Also, the air conditioning seems to be a little weak when it is humid.

What a blast
By kmh030

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This thing is so much fun to drive. Get the 2.3 motor (not the 2.0). It is so much fun to drive everyday. I couldn't ask for more car at $18,600. It's well built, handles like a dream, quick off the line and you can fit a piano in the back. Big strong brakes and a great chassis offers a stiff yet surprisingly smooth ride. The automatic transmission could be a bit more smooth but it's not bad. It boots around the city and whips easily into any parking spot. On the down side the seats are not comfortable. The seat hurts after 1.5 hours and it gets worse. I'm going to buy an aftermarket seat. The cockpit ergonomics could be better too. But I don't care and you shouldn't either.

Great motor. GREAT chassis. Nice brakes. Sweet exterior styling. Lots of cargo room.

Better seats and better ergonomics. I want to be able to rest my elbows on something when my hands are on the wheel. Can't do that.

Awesome car
By Dave

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda3 after spending countless hours online researching similar vehicles. Once I went to the dealership and finally took one out for a spin I was hooked! It's got great get-up and the interior is hot. I have already put almost 2,000 miles on my new baby in the first month. I guess I should cool it, but i just have so much fun driving this car.

Great gas mileage, stereo controls on steering wheel.

Weak A/C, no trunk release on key fob (I know everyone says that) and the seats can be a touch uncomfortable if you have long legs like I do (I'm 6'2") but these are all minor and rarely do I notice them.

• SUV