2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Mazda "Axela" excels competition
By MazdaMan on 01/15/05 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The new Mazda 3 puts the competition to shame when you compare it to a Honda Civic or Kia Spectra. I've taken a lot of cars for test drives and none felt quite as solid as the 3, otherwise known as the Axela. The turning ratio and grip to the road is amazing, especially compared to a Dodge/Plymouth Neon or Chevrolet Cavalier. Aside from that, the styling is way more appealing to the eyes than any other car, even more than most in the sport compact class. Another HUGE plus, the interior design, though very race-inspired, is still luxurious and comfortable. On the exterior, there are no lines more than a centimeter away from each other making this car the best choice under 15,000.

I love my Mazda3!
By Carrie on 01/11/05 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car ever, my grandparents bought it for me for my 16th birthday, and I absolutely love it! I have the i 4dr Sedan in silver with a manual transmission. I have had so much fun in this car that I never want to drive an automatic or anything other than a Mazda ever again! My brother, who is 6'1, has more legroom in my Mazda3 than he does in his Honda Civic, and the trunk is as big as my dad's Toyota Camry. All of my friends are jealous of the interior that lights up in red, and the chic design of it. I haven't had a single problem with my Mazda3 (other than stalling out when I was learning how to drive the stick). I named my car Dolce, and it really is very sweet!

This car Rocks
By TBM on 01/09/05 17:25 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Being an exclusive Mazda driver for the past 15 years, I have driven Proteges, 626's and Tributes. This model by far has the most bang for the buck. Luxurious interior, adequate power, 17 " WHEELS, sleek refined body, wide Euro footprin - this car is a charmer. If you compare the BMW 1 series in styling and body characteristics you will see many similarities. An awesome car for the money!

Best of the lot
By Second Mazda on 01/05/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at all autos in this category, none compared to quality, workmanship and price. You will not be disappointed with this car. Crash tested at the top. Stop looking and buy.Highest horsepower but thought mileage would be better.

A Fun Value
By Reader on 01/04/05 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 11 months and 14,500 miles, I'm still extremely happy with this car. I have an automatic, with ABS, and sunroof. It's fun to drive and surprisingly comfortable, even on long highway trips. Mazda's done a great job in developing a car that is both fun and practical. That's not to say it's a perfect car as it does have some minor problems - but for the money, it's very difficult to beat. The dealer experience was also much better than expected. Complaints are relatively few: gauges tend to wash out in bright sunlight, the tires are great in normal driving but not very good in the snow, and the textured interior material, while it looks great, scuffs easily.

good car with irritating problem
By erwin on 01/04/05 11:27 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The car is overall well made, except for the "Check Engine" light that came on at 87 miles (and has been coming on every couple of miles or so). The dealer can give me no real explanation. it is a huge hassle to have to go to the dealer for them to "fix" the problem (which they probably just disconnect the battery for a minute or so). Otherwise, a great car.

much more than expected
By cosmoK on 01/03/05 01:36 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

incredible. hats off to mazda for making a fun and a solid-value vehicle. for the price i paid, i got much more than a civic lx. Handles sure-footed around turns and the interior finish is simple but nice.

love this car!!!!!
By Edward on 12/29/04 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

just purchased my 3 yesterday, dealership approximately 60 miles from my home, loved the ride back, very comfortable, feels like you're driving a BMW, looks like a 325i from a distance, the car looks really expensinve, interior is beautiful, shoppped around for about 8 other cars but this one kept jumping at me, finally decided to shop for this car, once i test drove it, I WAS SOLD !!!!

best hatchback for $20k period!
By logan42 on 12/23/04 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Beats the stuffing out of the Focus, GTI, Matrix, PT Cruiser, Hyundia, Kia, you name it! I never thought I'd be able to own a car this nice for under $30,000.

Mazda3 Is Awesome!
By Ryan on 12/23/04 01:01 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Lets face it, if your budget is 17000 and you want a new fun, reliable car there's not much to choose from. Thank God for the Mazda3. So much power for the money. If you want a $17000 car why would you want any more or less than 160horses. It's perfect. Great acceleration and decent fuel economy. Interior is great. Winning Blue metallic gets everyone staring, fun to drive stick, great handling and so smooth and quiet for a compact, build quality inside and out is far beyond standard-- IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN