Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 306 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Not Satisfied
By Tom

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Seats are very uncomfortable on trips over 4 hours. Steering is too light, comes off center too readily and has too much oversteer. Switches are not easy to operate or intuitive. Rear cargo area has very limiting width. Dashboard displays are gimmicky. Engine, transmission and A/C are rather noisy. Owner's manual is lacking on important details but abounds with information on overly elaborate audio system. Fuel consumption is mediocre. Clutch engagement is not easy from a start, especially on hills. Gear selection is difficult. I have driven manual transmissions for 40 years, this is the worst. Sorry I bought this car and will dump it in 3-4 years. It is highly over rated.

What a Blast
By KC

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is just the sportiest little sedan ever. I can't get over how much it resembles a BMW3. You get more amenities for your money than any other car in this class. And this is 1/2 the price of the Bimmer. It has just enough ZOOM to keep me entertained and the AT is fun to shift. I don't think you can go wrong spending under 20K here.

Great suspension and tight steering. Catch myself looking at all the pretty lights.

An interior material that marks less easy.

Love it!
By Kristin

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Mazda 3! My dad leased mine for me while working at Ford and I loved it so much that once he had to turn it in I decided to buy it as my first car! It's so much fun to drive and while it is a compact car it's much roomier than most. I also love how it's a lot sportier than the Focus i used to drive. I don't think you can get a better car for the price!

The overall look of the car initially caught my eye but I also love how it drives it's very smooth and has great handling.

More intervals for the windshield wipers, trunk opener on the remote

my new car
By shantelly

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it is a great driving experience and the style is nice and sleek. otherwise, the car is great except the fuel intake. i seem to have to fill my tank three through seven days. this car burns alot of gas.

the exterior

gas intake and the air conditioner

Love our SP 2.3 Sedan
By pats1

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car 5 weeks ago and have 2500+ miles on it already - lots of highway driving. What a great car!! Love the carbon gray mica with the black leather (don't see any like it) and this one is loaded with most everything except NAV. Last tank was 29.2 MPG. Very fun to drive - handles like a dream. Acceleration was a pleasant surprise. Added another SP 2.3 badge to the trunk lid - makes it look that much better. Bose is awesome. The rain-sensing wipers work great. The car rides and handles much better than the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic (yuk) we test drove.

One-touch open sunroof, Bose, leather heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, styling, adjustable xenon headlights (very cool), air bags everywhere, steering wheel audio controls

Dash lighting controls are a little confusing and awkward. Need trunk release on the remote. Improve window controls to one-touch up/down on all. Mazda doesn't have a mirror compass that will work on this model yet.