Used 2005 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Love it!
By Kristin

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Mazda 3! My dad leased mine for me while working at Ford and I loved it so much that once he had to turn it in I decided to buy it as my first car! It's so much fun to drive and while it is a compact car it's much roomier than most. I also love how it's a lot sportier than the Focus i used to drive. I don't think you can get a better car for the price!

The overall look of the car initially caught my eye but I also love how it drives it's very smooth and has great handling.

More intervals for the windshield wipers, trunk opener on the remote

my new car
By shantelly

2005 Mazda 3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it is a great driving experience and the style is nice and sleek. otherwise, the car is great except the fuel intake. i seem to have to fill my tank three through seven days. this car burns alot of gas.

the exterior

gas intake and the air conditioner

Love our SP 2.3 Sedan
By pats1

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car 5 weeks ago and have 2500+ miles on it already - lots of highway driving. What a great car!! Love the carbon gray mica with the black leather (don't see any like it) and this one is loaded with most everything except NAV. Last tank was 29.2 MPG. Very fun to drive - handles like a dream. Acceleration was a pleasant surprise. Added another SP 2.3 badge to the trunk lid - makes it look that much better. Bose is awesome. The rain-sensing wipers work great. The car rides and handles much better than the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic (yuk) we test drove.

One-touch open sunroof, Bose, leather heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, styling, adjustable xenon headlights (very cool), air bags everywhere, steering wheel audio controls

Dash lighting controls are a little confusing and awkward. Need trunk release on the remote. Improve window controls to one-touch up/down on all. Mazda doesn't have a mirror compass that will work on this model yet.

Bang for the Buck - Knock on Wood
By Master D

2005 Mazda 3 SP23 Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Okay fellas ... It would be a wise investment for the safety of all to purchase a set of winter rims and tires as most of us above the 49th parallel understand that there are different compounds and characteristics of rubber that suit different temperatures and environments. The M3 has great curb appeal, well laid out interior - with excellent visibility ( the rear head rests can be removed easily and replaced as needed), excellent fuel mileage when driven decently, excellent handling and acceleration for highway passing. Overall one of the best improvements by a manufacturer in the economy/4cyl class - hope it holds true to my experiences so far ... knock on wood!

cockpit,exterior,rear hatch versatility,automated lights/wipers,smooth shifter,agility,dealership expertise

improve to a lifetime warranty on all parts - including wear items! seriously might look at shedding a few pounds without compromising all the fantastic safety features.

Two months into my adventure
By doug

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My only complaint is that the car seems to hesitate when you applied pressure to the gas....and this is the 2.3

The front headrests restrict the view.