2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Zoom, Zoom, Zoom
By NewVoomer on 02/04/05 21:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This Mazda has earned its slogan. Zoom, Zoom, Zoom. It handles like an expensive sports car. Functions like a compact family car. It has looks and style. Big bang for the buck. I love it more than my Lexus. Need I say more?

Great Car with Little Disappointment!
By Andrew on 01/29/05 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first new car. I wasn't out for a foreign ride but found it to offer the most bang for the buck. The leather and DVD navigation are "must haves." I get many compliments on this car; two people mistook my car for a BMW. It has class, sportiness, and is very fun to drive. The quality is also spectacular for the price. A few quirks: poor gas mileage for the performance and 4-cylinder. Optional 17" wheels equals bouncier ride & poor winter performance. Also, the interior lights (3) must be turned on individually to light cabin. Great options, stereo, and quality for the cost. No regrets!

What a LEMON!
By Ihatethiscar on 01/23/05 00:40 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My engine light keeps going on.The dealer fixed it three times and the engine light went off again. I think the car can't handle the cold. With 10 months & 4,000 miles, I should be ok. Car slides all over the road and won't stop on snow covered surface; mechanic blames 17 inch tires. Don't buy this lemon!

Mazda3
By scchamps on 01/22/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I rented this car for a weekend trip to try it out before I bought it. I was surprised how easy it was to drive. I loved the way it handled. It has great pickup. I enjoyed zipping around town in it. It really is fun to drive. I went to the Mazda dealership the day I returned the rental and bought one.

Mazda "Axela" excels competition
By MazdaMan on 01/15/05 13:17 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The new Mazda 3 puts the competition to shame when you compare it to a Honda Civic or Kia Spectra. I've taken a lot of cars for test drives and none felt quite as solid as the 3, otherwise known as the Axela. The turning ratio and grip to the road is amazing, especially compared to a Dodge/Plymouth Neon or Chevrolet Cavalier. Aside from that, the styling is way more appealing to the eyes than any other car, even more than most in the sport compact class. Another HUGE plus, the interior design, though very race-inspired, is still luxurious and comfortable. On the exterior, there are no lines more than a centimeter away from each other making this car the best choice under 15,000.

I love my Mazda3!
By Carrie on 01/11/05 12:29 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car ever, my grandparents bought it for me for my 16th birthday, and I absolutely love it! I have the i 4dr Sedan in silver with a manual transmission. I have had so much fun in this car that I never want to drive an automatic or anything other than a Mazda ever again! My brother, who is 6'1, has more legroom in my Mazda3 than he does in his Honda Civic, and the trunk is as big as my dad's Toyota Camry. All of my friends are jealous of the interior that lights up in red, and the chic design of it. I haven't had a single problem with my Mazda3 (other than stalling out when I was learning how to drive the stick). I named my car Dolce, and it really is very sweet!

much more than expected
By cosmoK on 01/03/05 01:36 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

incredible. hats off to mazda for making a fun and a solid-value vehicle. for the price i paid, i got much more than a civic lx. Handles sure-footed around turns and the interior finish is simple but nice.

love this car!!!!!
By Edward on 12/29/04 20:58 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

just purchased my 3 yesterday, dealership approximately 60 miles from my home, loved the ride back, very comfortable, feels like you're driving a BMW, looks like a 325i from a distance, the car looks really expensinve, interior is beautiful, shoppped around for about 8 other cars but this one kept jumping at me, finally decided to shop for this car, once i test drove it, I WAS SOLD !!!!

Mazda3 Is Awesome!
By Ryan on 12/23/04 01:01 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Lets face it, if your budget is 17000 and you want a new fun, reliable car there's not much to choose from. Thank God for the Mazda3. So much power for the money. If you want a $17000 car why would you want any more or less than 160horses. It's perfect. Great acceleration and decent fuel economy. Interior is great. Winning Blue metallic gets everyone staring, fun to drive stick, great handling and so smooth and quiet for a compact, build quality inside and out is far beyond standard-- IN A CLASS OF ITS OWN

More than your money's worth
By Jeff on 12/14/04 20:11 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

From the time I received the email reply from my dealer to this review, 1 month after driving it home, I've enjoyed every minute owning my Mazda3s! For well under $20,000 I bought a car that performs, looks and feels like a $25,000 luxury car! It's fast enough to satisfy my demanding driving style, it's contruction is solid to the point that I feel isolated from the outside on 90% of all roads and the upgradability of the car easily matches that of any Honda! The driving environment is encapsulating while nowhere near suffocating and my 5'8" frame feels right at home in the driver's seat! The only thing I regret is not putting down the money sooner!