Used 2005 Mazda 3 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Love it!
By Kristin

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my Mazda 3! My dad leased mine for me while working at Ford and I loved it so much that once he had to turn it in I decided to buy it as my first car! It's so much fun to drive and while it is a compact car it's much roomier than most. I also love how it's a lot sportier than the Focus i used to drive. I don't think you can get a better car for the price!

The overall look of the car initially caught my eye but I also love how it drives it's very smooth and has great handling.

More intervals for the windshield wipers, trunk opener on the remote

my new car
By shantelly

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

it is a great driving experience and the style is nice and sleek. otherwise, the car is great except the fuel intake. i seem to have to fill my tank three through seven days. this car burns alot of gas.

the exterior

gas intake and the air conditioner

Love our SP 2.3 Sedan
By pats1

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car 5 weeks ago and have 2500+ miles on it already - lots of highway driving. What a great car!! Love the carbon gray mica with the black leather (don't see any like it) and this one is loaded with most everything except NAV. Last tank was 29.2 MPG. Very fun to drive - handles like a dream. Acceleration was a pleasant surprise. Added another SP 2.3 badge to the trunk lid - makes it look that much better. Bose is awesome. The rain-sensing wipers work great. The car rides and handles much better than the Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic (yuk) we test drove.

One-touch open sunroof, Bose, leather heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, styling, adjustable xenon headlights (very cool), air bags everywhere, steering wheel audio controls

Dash lighting controls are a little confusing and awkward. Need trunk release on the remote. Improve window controls to one-touch up/down on all. Mazda doesn't have a mirror compass that will work on this model yet.

Two months into my adventure
By doug

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My only complaint is that the car seems to hesitate when you applied pressure to the gas....and this is the 2.3

The front headrests restrict the view.

Very cool car!
By Justin

2005 Mazda 3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a new buyer of Mazda cars and so far, I am impressed. Everything about this car works for me. The look on the outside as well as all the standard features are awesome! I have a 3i sedan with the standard trans. and the power out of the 2.0 4cyl is more than enough for comuting.

I like all the standard equipment on the interior like the controls on the steering wheel and the CD player. I also like the size of the trunk and glove box. More rom in the trunk than the Honda I had before by far.

The sound system is OK.....could use some refinment...seems like the bass isn't very good. Also, the air conditioning seems to be a little weak when it is humid.