2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Great Vehicle
By gps on 03/18/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had researched this car before I purchased and found it to be the best buy for the money. This car has great pickup and is fun to drive.

A blast to drive
By Steve on 03/11/05 11:19 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

You won't find a sportier car in this price range. The stiff suspension and quick acceleration make this car a blast to drive. However, if you're looking for a luxurious, comfortable ride, you may want to consider a Civic because the stiff suspension in the M3 makes for a bumpy ride. I personally don't mind it because I bought the car for its superior handling and acceleration and so far I absolutely love the car.

I love my "Baby"
By Jen on 03/10/05 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, fun to drive. Handles well. Many amenities that other cars in its class don't even offer. Drive it so you can see!

A gamble over the Civic and Corolla
By sockejewa on 03/10/05 08:56 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I gambled by purchasing the 3 over the Corolla and the Civic and it has paid off so far. Never before have I owned a vehicle that is this fun to drive and with the features that came on my vehicle I really feel special. Xenon lamps, navigation, it has it all. It's reliable, has "giddi-up" and is a real looker too. I am very happy with my purchase.

Oh What Fun It Is To Ride....!
By cyclng on 03/09/05 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Looked at it for the styling; bought it for the performance. Anyone looking at this car should strongly consider it.

Many problems!
By artiesmartie on 03/06/05 11:47 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am very dissapointed with my Mazda3! I've had it for 6 months and I've had many problems with it. I live in Ottawa, Canada and winters here are quite cold. The car never started on the first try on a cold day, no hot air (there is a defect in all 2004's that no one knows about), there is noise when one turns (most likely from the axles), interior rattles quite often, and the biggest frustration is the vibrations from under the seat. I've been fighting with my dealership to fix these problems, but so far they do not have any clue what causes such things. The replaced my axles, brake pads, heating system, and nothing has been FIXED! Be warned about this car.

Worthy of the All the Praise
By Jerry on 03/04/05 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Mazda3 (S model, nearly all options) has lived up to the hype so far (3,000 miles). This is my (soon-to- be) wife's daily driver and she is constantly speaking of how much fun it is to drive and how many positive remarks she gets from others. The handling is crisp and responsive; the acceleration is better than adequate (some torque-steer present and can bog down at low RPMs). The seating position is a bit higher than I'm used to, but you feel well confined. The A-pillar (along windshield) can obstruct views. The trunk is large (and so is the trunk lid). Our car has the 17" wheels and rides on the rough side. In all, an much more rewarding alternative to the typical commuter sedan.

GREAT car
By Jason on 03/01/05 18:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My partner and I bougt a new Mazda 3s (FULLY LOADED) and it's been just the best car I've ever owned. Love the styling inside & out.

What a beauty!
By Markus Thormann on 02/28/05 16:37 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful car. I compared it to other similar cars in its class (Civics, Jettas, Golfs, Subarus, Corollas) and the M3 stands above all of them. I am elated to have purchased this car!

Great Little Car
By john in whitestone on 02/24/05 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Nice acceleration even with an automatic. Looks great! Turns corners like it's on rails and stops on a dime. And it's decently priced.