2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Wonderful Car
By Shaboom on 03/31/05 21:14 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I am a mature male professional who enjoys cars and has owned many varied makes and models over the years. This Mazda 3 S is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I considered many alternatives this time, from Mini to Saab 9-3 to Nissan Z. All things considered, the Mazda 3 is far and away the wisest choice. My car has just about every available option and every accessory, (even after-market heated seats) other than the Navigation system. Really impressive styling, both inside and out and the black perforated leather makes the interior.

Nearly perfect!
By Dan on 03/29/05 17:02 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was debating between a (Toyota) Scion TC and a Mazda 3. After researching, testing, and spending some time with each car, my only regret is that I wasted so much time with the TC. I settled on a 2004 3s (2.3 engine and trim extras). The quality of the parts and build is simply amazing for a car in this price range. If you spent 10 minutes in either car, the difference is night and day. Anyone in the market for a sedan under 25k should look everywhere else first, then when you see this car you'll be even more amazed at what they offer you for the price. For the gas mileage people: i'm getting BETTER than rated (i'm at 28/35) at 1,300k...so it's not even broken in yet!

Faster than you'd think
By JT on 03/29/05 12:23 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 2 months now. The first month spent breaking it in, while the second was more agressive driving. If you want a comfortable, fuel efficient, family sedan, buy this car. You can't beat it for the price. If you want an import racer... BUY THIS CAR. So far my brothers EX Civic with mods can't keep up. My brother-in-law's Integra GS-R modded out doesn't pull away like you'd think. Oh yeah, a 98 Mustang V-6 doesn't even compare. And OH YEAH... I have the 2.0 that doesn't have any mods other than I took the air silencer off. I plan on getting a cat- back and CAI VERY soon.

fun car to cruise in
By Larry on 03/29/05 11:59 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So far my experience has been excellent. I love the way it handles, and it gets great gas mileage. For a 4 cylinder it's got some power. I would definitely buy another one in the future.

2.3 Manual Trans Rebuilt at 11000 Miles
By golfdoc on 03/29/05 07:42 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Mazda 3 after years of owning Toyota's & Honda's. I have never had any major mechanical problems with any of these vehicles. Was I surprised when after owning my 2004 Mazda 3 2.3, my manual transmission was stuck in second gear. Now after 16 months and 11,000 miles my 3 is at a dealership getting the transmission rebuilt. It's had 2 recalls and is also waiting for the glove box to be replaced at another dealership because it sticks. The only plus is Mazda paid for the tow and the dealer is paying for my rental car. I will NEVER buy another vehicle manufactured by FORD motor company. There is definitely truth in the saying you that a FORD will be (F)ound (O)n the (R)oad (D)ead.

What's with the brakes?
By Mazda Owner on 03/23/05 14:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Mazda except for the constant problem with the noisy front brakes. At 4000K had no brake pads and at 8000K had new ones again. Dealership said is is a problem but the new softer pads (sorry don't know the right terms) have reduced this problem. When it is cold outside however, the brakes when backing up scream. The dealership pretty much hates seeing me now, so I have decided to live with the problem. I guess if that is all that is wrong - its a bonus.

Perfect City Car
By Jamie on 03/22/05 15:12 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3 goes to show that sleek styling, sharp handling, & a powerful engine doesn't cost a fortune. The interior is well appointed and instrument panel is conveniently layout out. It has rigid steering and I feel in control of the car at all times. The Mazda 3 is perfect for the city, its not to big and not to small but just right.

SO HAPPY!
By SP23 4speed auto on 03/22/05 10:18 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the car for 24 hrs but it drives spectacular! Inside, people say it's more luxurious than my cousins 2002 BMW 330! I have saddle brown leather and navigation in mine. The auto shifts super smooth and the manual mode is nice. Another cousin of mine says it's quieter than his '04 RX- 8. I just love the car. A bit pricey for it's segment $23,700 was my final deal..but I did get every option available (sunroof, nav, spoiler and aluminun gas cap). The rims look nicer than the RX-8's too!!! My sis has a Corolla S '04 and the ride in my 3 is so much sportier but not too sporty. I'd recomend this to anyone wanting beamer quality 4 around 23k. Back seats both fold for a HUGE trunk 2!! :)

Love my Mazda 3
By Love my Mazda on 03/19/05 18:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 Mazda 3 unexpectedly. Thought I liked the Mazda Protege,and test drove their new model. I liked it more than the Protege. I have it over a year, no problems, no complaints. A great car for the money. Very reliable. Fun to drive. Cute too!

Teething problems ?
By Alan on 03/19/05 12:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Sport badge should be dropped as handling is rather poor. Believe it can be attributed to the electro hydraulic power assisted steering. Just doesn't suit my driving style, really disappointed !(have now covered 14000 miles) Steering creeking and growning for second time despite mod. Road noise excessive and distracting. Wheels tend to track the slightest rutts in the road surface. Air con lacking. Radio reception poor. Accessories extortionately priced. Drivers seat beginning to lose support and fabric baggy dispite me only being of average weight.