2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
best hatchback for $20k period!
By logan42 on 12/23/04 16:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Beats the stuffing out of the Focus, GTI, Matrix, PT Cruiser, Hyundia, Kia, you name it! I never thought I'd be able to own a car this nice for under $30,000.

Quality plus Handling
By White Flash on 12/20/04 22:51 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drive 1000k a week and finally I have a car with great handling, comfort and good mileage. Have averaged 29.0 (accurate) for the the last 20k. The handling makes you feel like a professional driver. Brakes are awsome, but be careful of those tailgating SUVs. Ergonomics are best of any car I have owned and love the red interior lighting. So far NO costs above tire rotation and oil change. Fit, finish and interior quality that of a much more expensive car. Mazda 3 just got a good and recommended rating from the Insurance Institute for frontal crash. Safety extras are the collapsable brake pedal (in accidents), side and curtain air bags. What more could you want?

I love Mazda's
By gary on 12/20/04 21:56 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I feel young again driving this fun little car, I just love the way it handles and looks.

fun, fun, fun on the autobahn
By Rocky on 12/20/04 21:40 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We also own a fairly loaded 2.5 X Type Jaguar. The Jag. has been trouble free and extreemly nice on the road. However my 3 is the car I drive the most. I have 5 door that has everything except the nav. system. It has been trouble free, a lot of fun and constantly brings lots of good comments.

Most Fun You Can Have For Your Money
By Hu on 12/15/04 21:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the finest car I've ever driven. The ride is a little on the sporty side, and the fuel economy is nothing to brag about (~20 mpg in town, 26 on the open road), but the performance is awesome! Acceleration, braking, cornering are all magnificent. I've never owned a true sports car, too cheap, closest I ever came was a VW Scirocco. This Mazda is far better than that Scirocco in design, convenience features, quality of materials in the cabin and PERFORMANCE!!!

Superb car
By Larry on 12/10/04 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased this car a few days ago but it is clear what the pro's and cons are. Great Handling, very firm and responsive steering. Acceleration actually surprised me when I first jumped on it and the car does feel sporty (I am guessing maybe 0-60 in 8 seconds?) For the money you can touch the performance and great looks. The only drawback is the seats are hard, they dont hug you like a Subaru or a Honda Civics, they are more like folding metal chairs (with lumbar support) I will be looking for a way to increase the comfort of them ASAP. The uncomfortable seats are a price I pay for the fun of driving this car, I never had a car I looked forward to so much to driving everyday.

Goodbye Focus, Hello Mazda
By Jon on 12/09/04 01:46 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2000 Ford Focus for a custom ordered Mazda 3. The difference is night & day. The 3 handles beautifully & the power is great. No problems merging on the freeway here in Los Angeles. The interior design & quality is what you would expect from a car costing twice as much. I especially love the blue backlight for the instrument cluster. Overall, this car turns heads & gives a satisfying feeling even when parked. Highly recommed it!

My cool red 3
By islanderon on 11/10/04 17:03 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my car in March 2004. Very sporty and comfortable. Ride is firm but not too firm, makes for a great highway cruiser. All over very happy with it . Despite reports of tight rear seat, back seat in quite spacious in my opinion. I recommmend it highly.

Zoom Zoom
By oldman32 on 11/05/04 12:20 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 3 hatchback can only be described as a incredibly awesome car for the money. Its got it all: performance, style, value and practicality to boot. Go for the 5- speed, you will not be disappointed. ZOOM ZOOM!!!

Mazda 3 rulez!!!!
By Mazdamania on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best handling car I've driven besides the BMW! It's amazing! I love the performance and the style. It's very aerodynamic and again the best handling car out there for the bucks. Plus it's fun to drive and great for cutting corners. This is a must have for anyone who seeks a car like BMW and cost 1/3 the price of the the BMW.