2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
You'll never want to buy another car!
By hmarie23 on 11/10/12 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 2005 Mazda3i for just over a year before it was totaled. I'm still mourning the loss of this car & with any luck will purchase another soon. I bought my mazdda3 used with 100,000 miles and drove it for 22,000 more. This car is extremely reliable, never had any problems with it (which is great since it had been in 2 minor accidents before I got it). Gas mileage was excellent -mostly highway driving usually got around 30 mpg which is great for a college student's budget! My only complaint (aside from the lack of any real space needed when I was moving) was that around 110,000 miles it began to shake when it idled, before that it was smooth sailing. You can't go wrong buying this car

Mazda 3 SP23 Manual
By landj6 on 09/15/11 14:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in 2005 new with 33 miles on it. I love my car!! Today it has 191,000 and not a single problem with it! I have kept up with the oil changes and have done some work, changed belts, plugs, ect. just as a preventative. I put gas in it, change the oil, change the tires and drive the crap out of it! I'm not easy on cars, as you can tell from the 191,000 miles on it in 6 years! I recently have been thinking about trading it in for an SUV, but just can't part with my awesome car yet!

Been great so far!
By nathanh2 on 01/22/11 06:22 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 46,000. It now has 58,000 and I have had no problems with it what so ever. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the car is small and I would expect it to get better. But other than that it has been golden. No mechanical problems. Turns on a dime. Rides beautifully on the highway. Put good tires on it if you haven't already. I had the Eagle RS-A and as soon as I switched them out the car was much quieter and rode a lot smoother. A/C can be a little weak. But it seems to do fine if you turn it up another notch. All around a very good car. I am very happy with it and I don't expect that to change

Not Bad!
By flow_motion on 01/17/11 03:43 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used automatic Mazda 3 Sedan January of last year. It had about 103,000 KM. One year later, it's now at 123,000 KMS +... This car rocks! It's been very reliable, has caused me no trouble. The dealership have been extremely curtious, and polite. I'll definitely buy another Mazda! I agree with one person though, the accessories at the dealership are way over priced. Nonetheless, this car definitely packs in the "zoom zoom". The auto transmission should've been 5 speed rather then 4. Gas mileage in the city isn't good for a 4 cyl engine. Those are the negs... The pos outweigh the negs 10 fold! Love the red interior lights!

Has everything
By dodo on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car new. Has everything one could want: -Great gas mileage avg 32mpg -Room for the family -Slick -and I mean slick!- manual shifter -Fun to drive -Reliable (have not had a single problem)

I LOVE this car
By cyn on 08/23/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in college over 5 years ago and put 85,000 miles on it - no mechanical problems whatsoever. It's extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, handles well, plenty of storage area, and has good gas mileage.

Well Done!
By J Delo on 07/27/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 Mazda 3 S and I just hit 170,000 miles. I purchased my Mazda new in Nov of 04. I am a rough on the vehicles I use and I needed something that could handle my "abuse". The Mazda 3 stood up to the test. I have literally run the engine to its limits. Note that even though I am bad about performing regular maintenance, the Mazda still survived and continued to run well. I thought in the beginning that this vehicle may not handle me as an owner. I am proud to say Bravo Mazda 3! Well done!

Work of Beauty!
By Victor on 03/18/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is just a fun drive. It doesn't just get you from point A to point B, it makes you want to go to point B. while some might see that as a problem, i think the worst part about this car is that you just want to keep driving. A lot of the reviews you read online say that they don't like the engine noise when your accelerating. But i see this as a plus, since it only gets loud when your trying to go fast. The Mazda3 makes 120mph feel like 40 and handles like it to. Great car great buy, I'd recommend it to anyone.

A Sad Day
By Mike C on 11/28/09 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd review here for this car and my last. I just traded it in last week with 184,000 miles. I couldn't have asked any more of this gem. Here is my list of maintenance and repairs over the last 4 years: 47 oil changes, 2 sets of spark plugs, 4 air filters, 2 sets of rubber, 1 radiator flush, 1 transmission flush, 1 set of brake pads, 2 head lights bulbs and 1 battery. All but the transmission flush was done myself. Unexpected repairs: Zero

All in the details
By Ben MazdaSP on 11/18/09 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 Sedan SP23 Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Mazda SP after spending months researching and test driving sport sedans from EVERY other manufacturer. I was very meticulous and demanding. I then knew exactly what I wanted: a charcoal Mazda3 S manual. It took me weeks to find and was floored when I did. Great car! Transmission is superior to all others that I drove. The interior is designed very well; you can tell a great deal of thought went into every detail on this car. This car feels as though it should be 2-3 times more expensive than it is. I don't ever feel that I have to drive somewhere, I GET to drive somewhere! I've had it for awhile and still love it.It's done great both in the hot summer and on snowy mountain passes.