Used 2005 Mazda 3 s Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Been great so far!
By nathanh2

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 46,000. It now has 58,000 and I have had no problems with it what so ever. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the car is small and I would expect it to get better. But other than that it has been golden. No mechanical problems. Turns on a dime. Rides beautifully on the highway. Put good tires on it if you haven't already. I had the Eagle RS-A and as soon as I switched them out the car was much quieter and rode a lot smoother. A/C can be a little weak. But it seems to do fine if you turn it up another notch. All around a very good car. I am very happy with it and I don't expect that to change

Favorite Features

Fun to drive. Highway comfort

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage I guess. Although it really is not that bad Put good tires on it. Depending on where you live. I live in Wisconsin and Put ContiExtremeContact on there and i love them

I LOVE this car
By cyn

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in college over 5 years ago and put 85,000 miles on it - no mechanical problems whatsoever. It's extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, handles well, plenty of storage area, and has good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise

Well Done!
By J Delo

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 Mazda 3 S and I just hit 170,000 miles. I purchased my Mazda new in Nov of 04. I am a rough on the vehicles I use and I needed something that could handle my "abuse". The Mazda 3 stood up to the test. I have literally run the engine to its limits. Note that even though I am bad about performing regular maintenance, the Mazda still survived and continued to run well. I thought in the beginning that this vehicle may not handle me as an owner. I am proud to say Bravo Mazda 3! Well done!

Favorite Features

Sporty, great gas mileage, fun and reliable.

Suggested Improvements

I have seen the changes that Mazda has made on the 3 since 2005 and I would say that those changes addressed my "cosmetic" and "functional" issues.

Work of Beauty!
By Victor

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is just a fun drive. It doesn't just get you from point A to point B, it makes you want to go to point B. while some might see that as a problem, i think the worst part about this car is that you just want to keep driving. A lot of the reviews you read online say that they don't like the engine noise when your accelerating. But i see this as a plus, since it only gets loud when your trying to go fast. The Mazda3 makes 120mph feel like 40 and handles like it to. Great car great buy, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Handling, Comfort, Design, Color

Suggested Improvements

Antenna maybe to long

No Go in the Snow
By RN17

2005 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for three years before trading it in for a WRX. There were a couple of reasons for this. First, the WRX is much faster. Now the speed 3 is probably just as fast, but it's only offered in a hatchback, which I just don't like. Second, driving in the snow just plain stinks! From a dead stop I could barely get half way through the intersection before the light would turn red again! Tires make a little bit of difference, but not enough to install confidence while driving in the snow.

Favorite Features

Styling, Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Make a turbo version of the sedan! Somehow make it an all season vehicle.