2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
Been great so far!
By nathanh2 on 01/22/11 06:22 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it used with 46,000. It now has 58,000 and I have had no problems with it what so ever. Gas mileage has been pretty good although the car is small and I would expect it to get better. But other than that it has been golden. No mechanical problems. Turns on a dime. Rides beautifully on the highway. Put good tires on it if you haven't already. I had the Eagle RS-A and as soon as I switched them out the car was much quieter and rode a lot smoother. A/C can be a little weak. But it seems to do fine if you turn it up another notch. All around a very good car. I am very happy with it and I don't expect that to change

I LOVE this car
By cyn on 08/23/10 11:30 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in college over 5 years ago and put 85,000 miles on it - no mechanical problems whatsoever. It's extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, handles well, plenty of storage area, and has good gas mileage.

Well Done!
By J Delo on 07/27/10 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have an 05 Mazda 3 S and I just hit 170,000 miles. I purchased my Mazda new in Nov of 04. I am a rough on the vehicles I use and I needed something that could handle my "abuse". The Mazda 3 stood up to the test. I have literally run the engine to its limits. Note that even though I am bad about performing regular maintenance, the Mazda still survived and continued to run well. I thought in the beginning that this vehicle may not handle me as an owner. I am proud to say Bravo Mazda 3! Well done!

Work of Beauty!
By Victor on 03/18/10 19:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda3 is just a fun drive. It doesn't just get you from point A to point B, it makes you want to go to point B. while some might see that as a problem, i think the worst part about this car is that you just want to keep driving. A lot of the reviews you read online say that they don't like the engine noise when your accelerating. But i see this as a plus, since it only gets loud when your trying to go fast. The Mazda3 makes 120mph feel like 40 and handles like it to. Great car great buy, I'd recommend it to anyone.

No Go in the Snow
By RN17 on 09/15/09 13:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for three years before trading it in for a WRX. There were a couple of reasons for this. First, the WRX is much faster. Now the speed 3 is probably just as fast, but it's only offered in a hatchback, which I just don't like. Second, driving in the snow just plain stinks! From a dead stop I could barely get half way through the intersection before the light would turn red again! Tires make a little bit of difference, but not enough to install confidence while driving in the snow.

Best Bang for the buck
By mikeabbott on 06/22/09 18:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After doing a lot of research I bought mine brand new and after 4 years it still puts a smile on my face. I have no plans to sell this car anytime soon. Mechanically the car has been sound. A couple of sensors had to be replaced under warranty, no big deal. Performs well for 4 door sedan and is a blast to drive on the twisties. Interior is fine for a under 20k car and more than one passenger has commented on the lighting and sleek interior design.

Great Car
By Tbizz H on 06/14/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost 5 years. During that time I've taken it to the dealers to get fixed twice. One time was so they would tighten the wiper blades and the other was a sensor that was throwing faults. They were both before warranty expired and I haven't had a problem since. I drive 40 miles to work everyday and it does it very well. I've used synthetic fuel since 20K every 7 thousand miles. That may have contributed to the reliability but I doubt it. Mine's a manual transmission too.

Awesome Ride!!
By Myran22 on 05/12/09 20:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car!! I have not had any problems with it! I bought it used in 2008 I own the 2005 Mazda3 S. I have had it for a little over a year its almost at 49,000 miles. I have a friend who owns an older Mazda626 which has been an awesome car for them which was one of the reasons I actually considered buying it. I had originally wanted to buy a honda accord but I have actually been happier with my Mazda than I think I would have been with the Honda. It was cheaper but I definitely don't believe its cheap quality. Ford makes Mazda and Ford's are usually pretty dependable however this car is like no Ford that I've ever driven.

3 year 60000 mile test drive
By mzdvr on 08/22/08 10:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving this car for 3 yrs now and still think it's the best car under $25,000. I haven't had any mechanical problems. Had a brake job at 50,000 and new tires. I live in the city and get a combined 27 mpg. I have a gas gauge which commonly reports mpg in the middle to upper 30s on the highway. There is minimal wear on the car after 60k such as a small area of the stitching on the leather seat has come out, a few exterior issues due to things happening to it.

Fun, Hot, Reliable, Good buy!
By mazdaisgreat on 07/15/08 10:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car to death. It's such a great buy for what what you get. It's stylish and fun to drive. I've never had one problem with it. The only complaints are that the trunk doesn't open with the remote. The AC/heater is a little weak too. But I live in San Diego so this is not really a big problem for me.