2005 Mazda Mazda3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda3 model:
You'll never want to buy another car!
By hmarie23 on 11/10/12 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my 2005 Mazda3i for just over a year before it was totaled. I'm still mourning the loss of this car & with any luck will purchase another soon. I bought my mazdda3 used with 100,000 miles and drove it for 22,000 more. This car is extremely reliable, never had any problems with it (which is great since it had been in 2 minor accidents before I got it). Gas mileage was excellent -mostly highway driving usually got around 30 mpg which is great for a college student's budget! My only complaint (aside from the lack of any real space needed when I was moving) was that around 110,000 miles it began to shake when it idled, before that it was smooth sailing. You can't go wrong buying this car

Not Bad!
By flow_motion on 01/17/11 03:43 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used automatic Mazda 3 Sedan January of last year. It had about 103,000 KM. One year later, it's now at 123,000 KMS +... This car rocks! It's been very reliable, has caused me no trouble. The dealership have been extremely curtious, and polite. I'll definitely buy another Mazda! I agree with one person though, the accessories at the dealership are way over priced. Nonetheless, this car definitely packs in the "zoom zoom". The auto transmission should've been 5 speed rather then 4. Gas mileage in the city isn't good for a 4 cyl engine. Those are the negs... The pos outweigh the negs 10 fold! Love the red interior lights!

Has everything
By dodo on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased this car new. Has everything one could want: -Great gas mileage avg 32mpg -Room for the family -Slick -and I mean slick!- manual shifter -Fun to drive -Reliable (have not had a single problem)

A Sad Day
By Mike C on 11/28/09 10:33 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd review here for this car and my last. I just traded it in last week with 184,000 miles. I couldn't have asked any more of this gem. Here is my list of maintenance and repairs over the last 4 years: 47 oil changes, 2 sets of spark plugs, 4 air filters, 2 sets of rubber, 1 radiator flush, 1 transmission flush, 1 set of brake pads, 2 head lights bulbs and 1 battery. All but the transmission flush was done myself. Unexpected repairs: Zero

Great little car
By skyrkt on 10/15/09 14:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have the very stripped down and base 3 sedan, that means I don't have A/C or any options. Even without A/C and things like that this car is still amazing. No problems with the car since I bought it new. I love the manual transmission, and the build quality of this car. I love my 3 and my next car will be another Mazda.

Already Rusting???
By Nae on 10/07/09 08:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 2005 Mazda the winter of 2004 love everything about the car, the feel of the car on the road, the suspension is tight, it has great get up and go for 2.0 and great gas mileage. It could use better interior lighting i.e. the window controls need more lighting and the my cigarette lighter light went out already? In 2007 I noticed my 2005 mazda 3i was beginning to rust around rear wheel wells and the undercarriage. I have taken my car into numerous Mazda dealerships for rust problem and have been told due to environmental factors they will not fix the corrosion? I highly doubt I will purchase another due to exterior quality it sad everything else is great about this little car.

Great Outside, Cheap Inside
By Good but Cheap on 07/28/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this Mazda for 3 years. Its a good car. Engine is quite and peppy. Very reliable. Just add gas, change to oil regulary and go. The thing that gets me about it the cheap and tough to clean interrior. In typical Japanese automotive fashion, its cheap and plastic. The cloth on the sests attract any dirt and I always have to use a sweater shaver on them to get rid of the fuzzballs the fabric makes. The fabric trim on the door came loose. (Repaired under warranty) The carpet is difficult to vacuum, hold objects like velcro. The air conditioning could use more power. The horn needs a boost too. The windshield wipers need a intermittent adj. The tires wore out at 30,000 miles.

Zoom Zoom, indeed!
By Michigan_guy on 12/11/08 05:24 AM (PST)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned an '89 Toyota Tercel, an '02 Chevy Prism and now the Mazda. Love. It. It's got a lot longer gear ratio than most 4-cylinder cars and at highway speeds can very capably accelerate past everyone else who's not having as much fun in their car. The interior has an excellent design, the exterior looks fluid and lean and all of the mechanics seem above average on dependability and ergonomics. I might never buy a different car.

Has everything for little money
By zoomer on 08/01/08 21:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car had everything I was looking for: wonderful manual transmission that is extremely fun to drive, enough oomph, horsepower, great gas mileage, cool looks, plenty of space for the family of four, great value for the dollar. I still love it.

Friday afternoon car
By Allen G on 07/15/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Mazda Mazda3 i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new. Looked great, sporty, fun to drive, typical great Mazda clutch. However, I feel my car was built on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon, I had nothing but problems with it in the year & a half I owned it. Pieces of trim falling off, just about every sensor/idiot light would come, check engine, air bag, etc. needing a trip to the dealership. One time it would not start and had to be towed to the dealership, luckily it was in my driveway at the time. I was very fortunate that the dealership/Mazda had a loaner car program, which I needed on several occasions, otherwise those expenses would have added up, but I still had to take time off for drop off/pickup.