2004 Mazda 3 Consumer Review: Well it's been 16 months & 700

2004 Mazda 3 - Consumer Review

s Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Well it's been 16 months & 7000 miles
By john brown on

2004 Mazda 3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Well it's been 16 months and 7000 miles since I bought my Mazda 3s and the car is just as firm and tight as the day I drove it home for the first time, no rattles and vibrations (which I hate in a car). The steering and handling is just as superb, the brakes are just as good, the 5 speed manual (would never think of buying this car in automatic) is just as precise and sweet. I have even come to love the Goodyear RSA Eagles that everyone hate so much; excellent feedback to the driver from these tires, excellent cornering and braking, just go light at the start of a rain or they will spin. This is one awesome car that Mazda should be proud of making. Excellent driving machine.

Favorite Features

I love the high quality sunroof, the awesome stereo system, the HID headlights, the smoothness of the engine and gearbox, the interior, the huge glovebox -- lighted of course, the huge trunk, firm quality seats, and the angled emergency brake lever a la 1970's BMW's . I love the low insurance rates and 8 airbags.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see remote opening of the trunk included on the keyring opener. i would like to see a nicer carpeting . I would like to see Mazda offer a splashguard kit for the S model with the sports package.