Somewhat Satisfied
By jacobsmommy17 on
2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
Overall a fun car to drive there are just some annoying things. The seats aren't too comfortable, the brakes squeal even after being replaced, the transmission shifts hard into second. Recently when slowing down, as the car is downshifting, it misses 2nd gear. When the trunk is popped it doesn't raise itself, and I think there is something wrong with the spring. Also, I have a 6 month old, and it is hard to get him in and out of the car. The doors don't open wide enough either.
Favorite Features
This car is fun to drive. I call it my little go-cart. My fiance and I argue over who gets to drive because it is so fun. I love the color of my car (I have the winning blue color), and I like how the interior lights and cloth seats coordinate with the exterior color. This is a very affordable car also.
Suggested Improvements
Some improvements that need to be made are the quality of the interior. I have black interior, and it shows every stain. That is one reason that I stayed away from the lighter interior. The plastic scratches easily, and it shows every nick and scrape. The floormats are tearing up, and there is one that has almost worn a hole all the way through. The exterior dents easily, and the paint chips easily also. I have tried to fix my squealing brakes since I have had it, and there is no solution. I have replaced the battery 4 times also, and the transmission shifts hard into second when the engine is cold. I have recently had to have the alternator rebuilt, and I have put tires on the car twice.