My Little Mazda
By mazda3driver on
2004 Mazda Mazda3 s 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Mazda3 in Nebraska and drove it back to Vegas. That's 1255 miles. I got an average of 24-26mpg the whole way. Not bad, but definitely could be better. This includes the driving in Colorado. If anybody has driven through there, you know what I mean. I got about 24 in that area. Your auto-stick really comes in handy up those hills. I was in 3rd gear up most of them. While in Nebraska, it was really cold. For some reason it didn't want to start early in the morning at 0 degrees. Not sure. After it was started, everything was fine. Took a couple times, but it did start. I tried putting heet in the gas tank, but didn't seem to do anything. The tail end likes to slide in the snow. A+
Favorite Features
Sporty look, red light interior, auto- stick, sunroof, rear seat interior space, rear seats fold in for more trunk space, 5 doors, zippy engine power, takes corners like a champ, excellent handling, what more is there to say? All around great car. I highly recommend it.
Suggested Improvements
Really needs a 5th gear in the automatic transmission. The black dashboard collects dust like no other. Fuel economy isn't bad, but needs some work if it wants to compete with Honda/Toyota. Doesn't have an auxiliary port. That would be nice. Automatic door opener for the 5th door.